What's new

Installed all my Office apps on my Class 10 SD Card and ...

mitchellvii

... it works just fine. Honestly can't tell the difference between that and being installed on the SSD. I figure that the app loads into ram anyway and the data is on the SSD so why not? Just saved about 10 gigs on my SSD.

tonyz3

... it works just fine. Honestly can't tell the difference between that and being installed on the SSD. I figure that the app loads into ram anyway and the data is on the SSD so why not? Just saved about 10 gigs on my SSD.
Which version of office. I remember you had uninstalled 2013 and was looking for 2010

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Which version of office. I remember you had uninstalled 2013 and was looking for 2010

I have 3 versions of Office going. Access 2003, Office Standard 2007 and OneNote 2010. Although OneNote 2013 does have a few nice little features I miss, I can't stand the zaggy screen fonts on my big monitor. Eliminating ClearType font smoothing in Office 2013 was right up there with docking the pen in the power outlet as far as head-scratchers. Even all the reviews I read for Office 2013 were sort of like, "What the hell is up with the fonts MS?"

Oh well.

Since the Office 365 installation is pretty automated I can't recall whether you can choose your SD Card for install or not. The only drawback is that with Office on your SD Card you can't pen the apps to the Taskbar. No matter, I am running Start8 and just pinned them there instead.