What's new

installed Battery Bar, says I only have 2hrs?

daonei

Hi,

I just installed Battery Bar and was disappointed to see I only have a little over 2 hours of battery life on my brand new Surface Pro 3. The screen brightness is well below 40%.

Is this just because I installed the program? Will this prediction improve with time or is this the reality of my Surface Pro 3?

If so, that's pretty depressing and the battery life is worse than my original Surface Pro...

Thanks!

ctitanic

Capture.JPG
Something should be really wrong to give you 2 hours.

OP
D

daonei

I wish I could see something above two hours... Even with my battery charged fully, I get two hours and nothing more...

I read that the estimate improves with use, but do you think the estimate will improve with use and time? When you first installed Battery Bar, did you experience anything similar?

Thanks!

ctitanic

I wish I could see something above two hours... Even with my battery charged fully, I get two hours and nothing more...

I read that the estimate improves with use, but do you think the estimate will improve with use and time? When you first installed Battery Bar, did you experience anything similar?

Thanks!
No. I never has seen something like that.

ipaq_101

It will improve once you fully charge it and let it drain, give it a cycle or two and then report back. Mine shows about 8 hours, with about 10% used.

OP
D

daonei

It will improve once you fully charge it and let it drain, give it a cycle or two and then report back. Mine shows about 8 hours, with about 10% used.

did yours start as bad as mine? if so that would be reassuring...
thanks!

malberttoo

Yes, I would highly recommend running the Surface all the way down to 10% on the Windows battery indicator, then recharge the battery. After a few days of usage, the Battery Bar will settle in.

OP
D

daonei

Yes, I would highly recommend running the Surface all the way down to 10% on the Windows battery indicator, then recharge the battery. After a few days of usage, the Battery Bar will settle in.

Thank you! Your comments are reassuring and sure enough, my battery this morning jumped to four hours. Hoping that after I run through another charge or two, it will become the eight or so hours it shows on everyone's SP3s.

Thank you!

Last edited:

kodos

Yep, mine also started really low. Over time it got better, to the point where it now reads up to 11-12hrs if I am reading in bed with the screen really dim.