What's new

Installed Updates, now Crashing like crazy

OP
T

taylork1

Ugggg - a reset. Yes, you're probably right. That's really disappointing.

Q: Will a reset fix the firmware, too? Or just OS, drivers, etc.

Furbykid

Last night, I installed 3 updates and rebooted. These could have been the firmware updates because the UI and messages were slightly different from the standard updates. Updates have been flawless so far so I didn't think twice about them. Since then, I have had these problems:
*Pen stopped working. I took the battery out and reset it, re-paired with bluetooth, but still had to reboot
*Audio. Static/crackling before an audio starts. Not a show stopper, but this is new behavior.
*Camera. I upload pictures almost every day, never had a problem until this morning. First, the USB connect froze the system. I did a hard reboot. Then, plug-and-play didn't detect the camera. Reboot again. Third time worked as expected. Just weird and inconsistent.
*CNN Breaking News event froze the system. Had to do a hard reboot.

Normally, I wouldn't whine and complain about peripheral device issues, but all of these are since last night! Seriously, what was in that update, and will there be a fix to the fixes?
Last night, I installed 3 updates and rebooted. These could have been the firmware updates because the UI and messages were slightly different from the standard updates. Updates have been flawless so far so I didn't think twice about them. Since then, I have had these problems:
*Pen stopped working. I took the battery out and reset it, re-paired with bluetooth, but still had to reboot
*Audio. Static/crackling before an audio starts. Not a show stopper, but this is new behavior.
*Camera. I upload pictures almost every day, never had a problem until this morning. First, the USB connect froze the system. I did a hard reboot. Then, plug-and-play didn't detect the camera. Reboot again. Third time worked as expected. Just weird and inconsistent.
*CNN Breaking News event froze the system. Had to do a hard reboot.

Normally, I wouldn't whine and complain about peripheral device issues, but all of these are since last night! Seriously, what was in that update, and will there be a fix to the fixes?

Taylork1, after my update this morning I am experiencing some of the same issues as you. Crashes and screen just blacking out on it's own. Sluggish connection to the internet even if I'm sitting right under the router/modem. At times keyboard not showing up, keystrokes not registering, etc.. I rebooted and many of the issues still present. I may need to do a factory reset. All was perfect before this update. All previous updates went very well, no problems until today. Ots I hate where Microsoft placed the keyboard emblem/icon now. Very tiny, on very bottom middle of Screen, took me a while to find it, lol. Any one else like or dislike the new placement of on screen keyboard icon?