What's new

Installing Windows 7

oion

Have you tried virtualbox.
Works great on my win 8.1 Laptop win win7 in a box.

There are workarounds, but if OP's medical software has priority and compatibility issues, then it doesn't make sense to get any Windows 8 tablet at this point.

OP
R

robm

Thanks for your input everyone.

We are actually currently using the Samsung Series 7 XE700T1A as suggested, however that line seems to be going through discontinuation - very few stores have new tablets to sell, and I have found none that ship to Canada. It seems all windows 7 tablets are becoming unavailable. Since the medical app requires a tablet, we will have to work with the app vendor to see if they can make it more windows 8 friendly I believe. In the meantime it looks like we'll need to take our chances with used / refurb XE700T1As...

And benman39 - if you used the stylus input panel on windows 7 daily, you'd know why it was far superior to the windows 8 version (unfortunately)...

oion

Thanks for your input everyone.

We are actually currently using the Samsung Series 7 XE700T1A as suggested, however that line seems to be going through discontinuation - very few stores have new tablets to sell, and I have found none that ship to Canada. It seems all windows 7 tablets are becoming unavailable. Since the medical app requires a tablet, we will have to work with the app vendor to see if they can make it more windows 8 friendly I believe. In the meantime it looks like we'll need to take our chances with used / refurb XE700T1As...

I happen to have a barely used Samsung Series 7 XE700T1A-A01US that I need to get around to selling...

But for future-proofing, the developer does need to look into Windows 8.

CrownSeven

If its the default keyboard layout that is causing you issues, you can choose different keyboards than the default, and can even create your own custom layout using Microsoft's keyboard creator.