What's new

Intel Driver nightmare!

Paul Roberts

Hi All,

I've got a Surface Pro 3 and Since a recent update having issues wityh the Intel Drivers. I like to be able to access the Intel Display properties to adjust contrast etc as i find the default display settings a bit washed out.

I know the process of installing the drivers, but for some reason they are getting overwritten.

The Install process is successful and i am able to adjust the settings as i please. But 5-10 minutes later or after a reboot my screen will flash and the driver has reverted and the Intel Display properties are no longer available from the right click menu.

This is driving me nuts - any ideas?

leeshor

You can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems you're on Windows 10 in which case this was posted in the wrong forum and you didn't state your OS or version. Moving to Windows 10 on SP3

OP
P

Paul Roberts

You can correct me if I'm wrong but it seems you're on Windows 10 in which case this was posted in the wrong forum and you didn't state your OS or version. Moving to Windows 10 on SP3

Thats correct - thank you. sorry i didn't realise there was a sub thread for Win 10. Not been around here for a while!

johnj2803

I've been having a lot of problems with this graphic driver as well. My surface has been a bit of unreliable these past weeks. It has hanged on me several times, freezing and have to reboot a couple of times to make it work. My suspicion is that it's because of this Intel driver crashing, it makes my machine lag and think too much...

Like the OP I tried uninstalling reinstalling different bunch of versions of the driver but I cannot seem to get it right.

Any input would greatly be appreciated.

macster

The following worked for me (caveat I'm on the insider program). I uninstalled the intel driver, rebooted the machine and let it repair itself.

M~