What's new

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

megatronium

Is the Graphics Frequency ever supposed to go over 599 MHz? How? Mine has only done it once. Highest recorded is 628.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I run the Graphics stress test it will hit 1048-1099 at times all the way through thermal throttling until its forced to reduce the graphics frequency.

It doesn't budge running the CPU stress test or the benchmark.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Side note on XTU I've noticed it installed some services and whatnot which all seem a bit heavy on resource consumption. seems like anything you'd gain will be lost to the utility and supporting cast.

Last edited:
OP
M

megatronium

Side note on XTU I've noticed it installed some services and whatnot whitish all seem a bit heavy on resource consumption. seems like anything you'd gain will be lost to the utility and supporting cast.

I'm running the graphics stress test now and nothing over 599 :(

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm running the graphics stress test now and nothing over 599 :(
Well that's interesting... I'm wondering how yours is doing that as I have been unable to corral the Graphics Frequency.

I'd assume then that you don't see any thermal throttling during the graphics stress test either.

So... what have you touched, played with, modified?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ah ha! I had the graphics ratio limit at X25. Changed it back to default - problem solved. Now to see what this can do real world wise!
Did you install a different graphics driver? again I have tried setting the Graphics Ratio and its been completely ignored.

bluegrass

I just ran the graphics test and after about 2.5 minutes, it went into thermal throttling ranging up to about 40%. The graphics frequency stayed pretty much at 599 with a couple occasions going up to 648 and down to about 550. I don't feel qualified enough to mess with any manual tuning so I ran the test without changing anything.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just ran the graphics test and after about 2.5 minutes, it went into thermal throttling ranging up to about 40%. The graphics frequency stayed pretty much at 599 with a couple occasions going up to 648 and down to about 550. I don't feel qualified enough to mess with any manual tuning so I ran the test without changing anything.
interesting... when I run it the graphics frequency jumps to 1099 immediately then varies between 1048-1099 for a bit settling some to around 980... Thermal Throttling come on and then after a bit the Graphics Frequency drops to 748 and tapers down from there.

Could you double check... you never see it jump up over 648?

Also if you hover over the Graphics Frequency label it will popup a box showing min, max, and average.