What's new

Intel Graphics Drivers not being updated through firmware updates

OP
A

aceattack

I would like to do a manual update then. Would any of you have any instructions on how I should do this from the drivers&firmware pack?
Thanks

OP
A

aceattack

Successfully updated using the driver pack from Microsoft! Let's see if it updates next time through Windows Update or not.

However I have no idea why windows update is not updating all the drivers. Is there any way to check current installed firmware for the Type Cover 2?

Well, if it does any good, I've found that on Device manager you can find a device (under HID devices section) called "Surface Type Cover 2 Firmware Update device", and on mine (fully updated via WU) it is 2.0.262.0 ..

According to the update history it should be 1.0.317.0 but I've downloaded the March driver pack and saw that it contains 2.0.262.0 too, with a release date of Jan 7, 2014. So no idea who's wrong.

I find the Type Cover 2's default trackpad settings to be a disaster -- no drag lock for a start. Hoping for an update firmware.

Rvacha

Could that be the one that was placed there by the last driver version? I had one on the desktop that was broken but deleted it prior to this install

Sir Face

Yes, on my SP2 (4200), the March update changed the Intel video driver back to one that it made it unable to stream video from Hulu. I had to go back in and roll it back to the previous version to fix it.