What's new

Intel HD Graphics Control Panel Gone with Windows 10

kstuebing

Can someone please tell me how I can get this app back? It disappeared when I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. The app is still showing on the app list but does not appear when I right click the desktop or when I click the app. It was really helpful in calibrating my display. Much more control than the native Windows tool. I have tried upgrading from the Intel site but it just keeps telling me I have the latest driver. Maybe I do but I don't have the Control Panel. The driver installed is Intel HD Graphics Family 20.19.15.4331. Thanks for any help and please let me know if you need any more information.

Compusmurf

Option is always disabled using MS standard drivers, you have to use intel drivers to get that. Special way to install them, answer is here on the forums. Can't link, on my phone.

OP
K

kstuebing

Option is always disabled using MS standard drivers, you have to use intel drivers to get that. Special way to install them, answer is here on the forums. Can't link, on my phone.

Yes, I know about how to install it manually. That is what I did on Windows 8.1. Intel has changed their drivers and downloads since then. I have an I5 4300U processor. I'm not sure which driver I should use.

Also, the inf file has had its name changed too. I did download the driver for the 4th generation chip. I found the inf file by searching for *.inf in the graphics subfolder. So my issue is that I don't know if this is the driver I want. I am just a normal Windows user not a geek. I use geek as a complimentary term. I wish I was one. It seems you need to be with Windows these days.