What's new

Intel Releases Updated Generic Drivers for Intel HD4000 Graphics, Fixes Bugs

OP
D

demandarin

I've just tried crysis 2 using intel driver and I couldn't run it smoothly unless i set it to 800X600 :(

Did you make sure to put the pro in high performance mode while gaming? Mines plays pretty smoothly at 720p resolution. You keep vsync off? I forgot the other settings as I know the lowest is high. But I think some you can cut off. Or try 720p resolution but no HD textures or something similar. Although I leave mines on.

pierre118

Try to install it with the *.zip file

- Unzip the Win64_15338.zip
- Go to Device Manager/Display adpater/Driver/Update driver
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, have disk
- Browse to the unpacked files, and go the the folder Graphics
- choose igdlh64.inf, open it, and click next
- it will install
- Reboot

Can take a long time......Success!

ps, it will be better to uninstall the old drivers first....
-

ultra99

Try to install it with the *.zip file

- Unzip the Win64_15338.zip
- Go to Device Manager/Display adpater/Driver/Update driver
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, have disk
- Browse to the unpacked files, and go the the folder Graphics
- choose igdlh64.inf, open it, and click next
- it will install
- Reboot

Can take a long time......Success!

ps, it will be better to uninstall the old drivers first....
-

that worked.

but windows update reverted the drivers. lol, what's going on?

pierre118

that worked.

but windows update reverted the drivers. lol, what's going on?

That's because Windows Update checks the driver versions of the installed software on your SP. The graphics driver that you manually installed doesn't match with what is 'needed'.

Always first install the Windows Update, and after that you manually install the graphics driver. Windows update will come back later with the update you already installed, ignore it, or better right click it and 'hide' the update.

It is also important that you choose the option 'check for updates but let me choose whether to download or install them'. Otherwise the update will always be installed and revert your graphic driver.

ultra99

That's because Windows Update checks the driver versions of the installed software on your SP. The graphics driver that you manually installed doesn't match with what is 'needed'.

Always first install the Windows Update, and after that you manually install the graphics driver. Windows update will come back later with the update you already installed, ignore it, or better right click it and 'hide' the update.

It is also important that you choose the option 'check for updates but let me choose whether to download or install them'. Otherwise the update will always be installed and revert your graphic driver.
i see, thanks.

Imjinman

control panel

hi

please cam you advise which of the exe files installs the control panel.

and how important is it to update the audio drivers as well.

thanks