What's new

Internet Explorer 11.0

suprafly

His anyone experience IE 11.0 become non-responsive, on there sp3 when browsing through websites, I am having major issue with the browser becoming frozen and the screen will white out for few seconds before it become responsive, again. This is from a fresh install meaning recovery from default manufacture settings and all updates, are apply and cookies, and caches, and history has been clear out and IE configuration, have been restore to default settings as well. I remind everyone this is from a fresh install recovery image and I am wondering does MS have some instability issue with IE.11.0

I am puzzle as to why this is happening as I do not have any other apps install on my sp3. I even ran a full system scan with MacAfee virus and also ran malwarebytes for addware/spyware and found nothing.

even disable running services on startup and still anytime with IE.11.0 upon browsing to different website every now and then it will become non-responsive and white out or try to recover itself.

When using Google Chrome I do not experience any of this hiccups or non-responsive issue at all. I am perplex as to how is this becoming such a bad experiences, on my sp3 from a fresh recovery install of the OS I am compounded to these hiccups with no other apps, install at all.

I find it very odd that the fan will kick in and start spinning up with no intense apps running from a fresh install OS. even sitting idle with no activity the fan will run non-stop

OP
suprafly

suprafly

I thought I would never do this but put my sp3 on freezer for it to chill out. Fan is spinning hardcord and the back is hot as heck.

Attachments

• 20141020_214740.jpg
    20141020_214740.jpg
    873.3 KB · Views: 519

kundas1

sounds like a bad script isn't playing nice with EI11 or it could be an extension you installed... what site is it happening with or is it ALL sites? but I for one haven't any trouble with IE11 and it is running perfect on my SP3

OP
suprafly

suprafly

just general website for example cnn.com, yahoo.com, msn.com, youtube.com, outlook.com, and this surfaceforums.net

And remember this is a fresh OS recovery from factory and it start to act up. No other scripts, or plugins is installed or running.

Just took my sp3 out of the freezer and the fan is cool and happy now.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
just general website for example cnn.com, yahoo.com, msn.com, youtube.com, outlook.com, and this surfaceforums.net

And remember this is a fresh OS recovery from factory and it start to act up. No other scripts, or plugins is installed or running.

Just took my sp3 out of the freezer and the fan is cool and happy now.
If you just refreshed it has updates to do and background processes galore to do...

OP
suprafly

suprafly

Seem like google chrome browser is the choice moving forward, no problems or hiccups or delay or non-responsive screen white out what so ever. This is more stable then IE.11.0

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seem like google chrome browser is the choice moving forward, no problems or hiccups or delay or non-responsive screen white out what so ever. This is more stable then IE.11.0
Well your experience is the exception not the rule.

kundas1

Well your experience is the exception not the rule.

yea, like I said earlier mine is working flawless, hate to tell you but the restore you did didn't take well, I would perform another restore see if that clears it up..

Geneo

I usually have no problems with IE11, but there's one forum that gives IE fits. There might be a long-running script that I have to stop, ads that take forever to load, etc. I have to wait almost a minute before I can go "back" a screen due to waiting for stuff to finish. All other sites, including this one, work fine.
Moral of the story: not all sites are created equal and it may not be the browser's fault.

Telstar1948

I've not had the experience the OP has stated with IE11 and my SP3, or other 8.1 devices. I haven't even checked to see if you can do this, but can you uninstall IE11 and reinstall it? If you can it might be worth a shot.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is this the desktop or MUI IE?

I find the MUI IE to be an utter pig. Laggy, slow, unresponsive. Often have to copy the url and paste it in a new tab for it to actually load anything. Swiping back a page will often reult in just a greyed out page with non-stop loading dots. Requires a refresh or the new tab step to get it to load the page it only just rendered (e.g a news story, or a google result, etc) It's almost like the computer thinks hey, he's using the tablet software, let's pretend we're some POS old samsung tablet.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is this the desktop or MUI IE?

I find the MUI IE to be an utter pig. Laggy, slow, unresponsive. Often have to copy the url and paste it in a new tab for it to actually load anything. Swiping back a page will often reult in just a greyed out page with non-stop loading dots. Requires a refresh or the new tab step to get it to load the page it only just rendered (e.g a news story, or a google result, etc) It's almost like the computer thinks hey, he's using the tablet software, let's pretend we're some POS old samsung tablet.
Naw, i use the mui ie all the time wit no issues except your right about the swipe back that's a NO NO! MS pretends it works but that's totally messed up. if that happens accidentally the quickest thing to do is close and reopen. MS is in complete denial on this bug.