What's new

internet explorer app for ms surface forums.

Padron26

Not sure if this is just me but I love using the ie app. But for some odd reason I cannot post/reply in this forum in the ie app.
The only thing that I can do is login, meaning if I was to reply to a post and/or make a new thread like this one. When I press to type using the onscreen keyboard is shows up and disappears (blinks).

As for this thread I had to use the ie desktop version in order to use the onscreen kb.

This is from a pro 128

Matt

Not sure if this is just me but I love using the ie app. But for some odd reason I cannot post/reply in this forum in the ie app.
The only thing that I can do is login, meaning if I was to reply to a post and/or make a new thread like this one. When I press to type using the onscreen keyboard is shows up and disappears (blinks).

As for this thread I had to use the ie desktop version in order to use the onscreen kb.

This is from a pro 128

Its a common issue. I used the same work around o my RT. Now I'm using the surfaceforum.net app and have no issues. Give it arty I highly recommend it.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

R0bR

Its a common issue. I used the same work around o my RT. Now I'm using the surfaceforum.net app and have no issues. Give it arty I highly recommend it.

Thanks Matt, I didn't even know there was an app, works great!

TeknoBlast

I have the same issue and my workaround is to bring up the onscreen keyboard, then hard press in the reply block as if you're going to cut/paste. Then I start typing. This method will keep the cursor in the reply box and since the KB is already up, it wont go away.

OP
Padron26

Padron26

Is there anything connected to your surface, like a keyboard/mouse.

I just tried it, a few times and I couldn't get it. Unless I was doing something wrong. I think you were saying do a long press in the reply block.

Lolvo

Interesting, never had this problem. Both the on-screen and keyboard covers work as expected on the site for me.