What's new

Invasion of the Release Preview - Creators Update Ver1703 Build 15063.11

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Surface Pro 3 has been abducted by the Creators Update.

Surface 3 is under assault downloading it now ...

Insider - Release Preview, invading a computer near you!

Version 1703 Build 15063.11

Um yeah, just made that 1703 cutoff by mere minutes. :)

Anyone else been abducted by the alien Creators?

Experiences ...

Russ

Version 1703 Build 15063.11

Experiences ...
Greyfox --
I have four desktop machines on the Fast Ring. Three are currently running 15063.11 and one is running 15063.0 -- all without incident.
Anything specific you would like me to look at?
Good luck,
Russ

kristalsoldier

Yeah I got the same earlier today...working out well I would say...though the SP4 seems to be running a bit warm...

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Greyfox --
I have four desktop machines on the Fast Ring. Three are currently running 15063.11 and one is running 15063.0 -- all without incident.
Anything specific you would like me to look at?
Good luck,
Russ
You know how the new Edge Tab management works...
I saw they collapsed to the left corner... tap the corner and you see tab thumbnails but when I touch one they just go away. :(

Also it seems to make clusters of tabs which for some reason don't wrap in the pane so you have to scroll... what's up with that? there's a whole empty pane sitting there and I have to scroll to see opened tabs... which apparently I'm unable to reopen... I must be defective, I don't get it. :)

Russ

You know how the new Edge Tab management works...
I saw they collapsed to the left corner... tap the corner and you see tab thumbnails but when I touch one they just go away. :(

Also it seems to make clusters of tabs which for some reason don't wrap in the pane so you have to scroll... what's up with that? there's a whole empty pane sitting there and I have to scroll to see opened tabs... which apparently I'm unable to reopen... I must be defective, I don't get it. :)

Greyfox --
I had not previously used the Tab Management feature, so I tried it. I can set aside and restore tabs. I can restore them individually or all at once. However, the "set aside" box shows only 4 1/2 tabs that are set aside. The only way I can see the overflow is to restore them. The size of the box does not seem to be adjustable.

re: "when I touch one they just go away. :( " -- I have that trouble with women, but I'm working on a new release of me.

I did this on the one machine that it running 15063.0 because it's the one I use most. Later I will try it on my Shop machine which is running 15063.11. If it is different, I will post results.
Take care,
Russ

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Visit this again. Some major functionality has been added to Edge.

1) The tab box is not sizeable, but the tab items can be scrolled left and right. Float the mouse or cursor over them and a < or > appears, allowing gestures or key presses or mouse or pen to scroll.

2) The tabs being managed this way can be deleted, shared, or added to Favorites.

3) When a tab being shown in miniature is touched or clicked upon, it immediately returns to the main window.

4) Tabs are sorted by the time they were sent to the management set, making it easier to retrieve or retrace your steps.

5) If you close Edge while tabs are being managed, they will appear again after re-opening Edge. The time sorting is maintained.

Russ

Visit this again. Some major functionality has been added to Edge.

1) The tab box is not sizeable, but the tab items can be scrolled left and right. Float the mouse or cursor over them and a < or > appears, allowing gestures or key presses or mouse or pen to scroll.
Sharp --

Build 15063.11

Floating the cursor over the set aside tabs highlights each one and displays its title, but that is all. No scrolling either with mouse or cursor keys. Just FYI. It's not an issue for me.

Russ

kristalsoldier

I notice a few other things...(1) the fans seem to be on all the time and the SP4 is running quite warm (2) can't annotate PDFs on Edge - and I am guessing can't highlight ePUB on Edge either....

Edit: Btw, both apply to the S3 too!!

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I notice a few other things...(1) the fans seem to be on all the time and the SP4 is running quite warm (2) can't annotate PDFs on Edge - and I am guessing can't highlight ePUB on Edge either....

Edit: Btw, both apply to the S3 too!!
Probably has to re-optimize everything. You'd think they could find a way to lay it down optimized and avoid all this.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, that is the
Sharp --

Build 15063.11

Floating the cursor over the set aside tabs highlights each one and displays its title, but that is all. No scrolling either with mouse or cursor keys. Just FYI. It's not an issue for me.

Russ

Same build I have - 15063.11

Can you use a two-finger scroll on touchpad? All works for me.

Russ

Can you use a two-finger scroll on touchpad?
Sharp --
I'm doing this on my desktop. My SPro is not on the insider program, and the SPro3 is currently in China. "Creators Update" will be RTM by the time I get my hands on it again.
Thanks,
Russ

kristalsoldier

...so Edge does not allow for annotating on PDFs and highlighting on EPUBs etc? If yes, thats a let down...back to Xodo/ LightReader then...