What's new

iPad Users Habits

chrsb

Though I'd post some of the getting use to habits from coming from an iPad Air.

1. I keep touching the top of my screen to go to the top of a web page
2. I keep touching the Windows button expecting to close a window
3. I keep double space bar at the end of sentences for a period.
4. I miss Safari..auto caps beginning of sentences, single tap for auto correct

I'm not complaining, I'm really starting to like it.

yonghong

The only I missed is IOS HAS such good apps, such is deliveries,Tapatalk which I use it to browser this forum ,and local flyers app Reebee, and so on that surface doesn't have.

Geneo

I miss not being able to hook to the App Store half the time. (If I see one more app that has "zombies" or "flappy" in the title I'm gonna hurl).
I miss scrolling backwards.
I miss running those little apps and not real programs.
I miss having a laptop that runs 'real' programs one OS, and having a tablet that runs only little apps with another OS.
Yea, right, I'm missing a lot.

kodos

I do miss several apps on the iPad. Let's just be honest - the app ecosystem on iPad is far superior to the Surface Pro's. The Windows app store might technically have several big name apps, but they do not tend to be nearly as polished, stable or as good as the iOS versions.

That said - the overall package on the SP3 is far superior. I hope that these successes will make more app developers come over to Windows!

foghat

Though I'd post some of the getting use to habits from coming from an iPad Air.

1. I keep touching the top of my screen to go to the top of a web page
2. I keep touching the Windows button expecting to close a window
3. I keep double space bar at the end of sentences for a period.
4. I miss Safari..auto caps beginning of sentences, single tap for auto correct

I'm not complaining, I'm really starting to like it.

1. Some of the metro apps do this. facebook, for example.
2. the windows button does close the window (well, as much as home button closes a window in ios) - it brings me to the metro home screen every time.
3. This happens when typing within metro apps.
4. This happens when typing within metro apps.

I have an iPad, iMac and iPhone 5. But I bought a surface pro 3 anyways for writing scripts on the go. I can honestly say I'm liking this thing. I purchased a connector to plug in my surface pro 3 to my tv via HDMI and I'm loving that feature. So simple, as soon as I connect I'm set to watch content that's on my Surface Pro 3 on the Big Screen.

I do agree the Windows Store is absolutely lacking. The apps that are in the windows store are not only lacking polish but they are missing a lot of features; settings, etc.

That's my only gripe about the surface, and it's not so much the surface, it's the app store on any windows mobile/tablet device.

My iPad habbits consist of jumping into bed at night and catching up on my youtube subscription videos, IGN, etc. I would love to do this on the Surface Pro in tablet mode but the designs on these apps are just unbearable so I mostly am always browsing on the desktop.

foghat

My iPad habbits consist of jumping into bed at night and catching up on my youtube subscription videos, IGN, etc. I would love to do this on the Surface Pro in tablet mode but the designs on these apps are just unbearable so I mostly am always browsing on the desktop.

The Hyper youtube app is pretty good. Though it is missing one key subscription component at the moment - identifying when a given subscription has new videos uploaded. I've asked the developer to look into adding this functionality. Maybe you could do the same. :)

demandarin

I Also miss my iPad.
1) I miss Safari without flash support and many other limitations
2) I miss the lack of file system
3) I miss the files duplications
4) I miss all the restrictions!

:cool:
Haha. I miss jailbreaking my ipad1 to lift restrictions and add a file system. Apple needs to just go on and incorporate IFiles into IOS. once I put ifiles on my Ipad, I was doing everything apple didn't want me doing with Ipad..lol

It works great and very simple to use. But apple had too many negatives, imo, that outweighed the positives. I spent soo much money on proprietary adapters n such for that machine. Smh