What's new

Solved Is it not possible to get rid of the hump in the touch cover

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fixed it. Its the damn pen loop holder *sigh*

Just removed it and problem fixed, keyboard lays flat. What a terrible design on the loop holder. WTF am i suppose to do now? Waste of $5 and trip to the store getting it.

Why did you go and buy one from the store? It comes included with the type cover.

OP
K

kiwigirl

Why did you go and buy one from the store? It comes included with the type cover.

No it doesnt, you are like the fourth person now who has said that to me, only to find out shortly that it doesnt come included with the cover.

Ive bought 4 type covers and not a single one came with it. When I was at Best buy couple weeks ago, they confirmed it doesnt come with it. When I went to the MS store last week to get the holder, even the guys there confirmed it doesnt come with it. Maybe its just for you lucky US folks, but in Canada at least we have to pay $5.

I might just call up MS to ask them to send me one because its really just not worth driving across the city to a packed mall to the MS store to buy another one.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
No it doesnt, you are like the fourth person now who has said that to me, only to find out shortly that it doesnt come included with the cover.

Ive bought 4 type covers and not a single one came with it. When I went to the MS store last week to get the holder, even the guys there confirmed it doesnt come with it.

Yet everyone else got one with their typecover.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yet everyone else got one with their typecover.
kiwi may have a point that in her country loops are not included, possibly only in the US or maybe it was later not included at all... IDK. I checked a review and it said it was included. Looking at the current MS site there is no mention on the Type Cover page or specifications of a loop being included or that it even exists.

So why if it changed would they change it. my hypothesis is: If its included you'll end up replacing them and that's a big cost not just for loops but shipping which is likely much more expensive than the item. Therefore, by not including them you eliminate a significant drag on profitability. They may also have learned via surveys and feedback that many, such as myself, weren't using them anyway.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
kiwi may have a point that in her country loops are not included, possibly only in the US or maybe it was later not included at all... IDK. I checked a review and it said it was included. Looking at the current MS site there is no mention on the Type Cover page or specifications of a loop being included or that it even exists.

So why if it changed would they change it. my hypothesis is: If its included you'll end up replacing them and that's a big cost not just for loops but shipping which is likely much more expensive than the item. Therefore, by not including them you eliminate a significant drag on profitability. They may also have learned via surveys and feedback that many, such as myself, weren't using them anyway.

Not saying it's not the case, just pointing out that my comment wasn't just one of ignorance. I'm in the UK and there was one hidden away at the bottom of the box, and there was no mention of it actually being included)

I'd hedge my bets along the lines of your last point. I know of few people who actually use it, and even more who have used it and reported that it was a poor effort and just took it off). You'd think though that they have a billion of these things in a warehouse, and it wouldn't make sense just to sit on them based on feedback. Who knows. Interesting though. Where are you from @kiwigirl ? I tried to get on live chat with MS but their support is closed (sunday, silly me)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm betting kiwi is from New Zealand.

New Zealanders are known as Kiwi after the native Kiwi bird and there's a large Kiwi fruit industry although apparently not a native fruit and it may also have gotten it's name from the bird but that's just speculation.

Last edited:

kundas1

Sorry but I bought 2 type covers and they BOTH came with the pen loop... also a friend bought the type cover and his came with one also... and I'm in Canada. Don't know what is going on where you're from but they should be included.. @Greyfox, kiwigirl has said she is from Canada like myself...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
One more possibility why they would not be included is local laws and or import restrictions. It could be the Loop was deemed a hazard (choking, environmental, etc.) or perhaps made of a substance not allowed in the region. It May seem weird but all sorts of hurdles arise with shipping products internationally, you just have to roll with it.

enthuz

I was just on live chat with MS discussing their screen protector. I have a keyboard coming, so I will check for the loop, however I'm in the US and I ordered direct from MS.

Canada here, and yes, all SP3 type covers come with pen loop. Have you been buying old SP/SP2 covers?

Bottom right corner of the box. Have purchased 3 myself due to deficiencies and to try out different colors. All have come with pen loops.

OP
K

kiwigirl

i called MS and the person said the pen loop only is included if you bought the SP3 in a bundle. odd.

but i got them to still send me one,just gave them my touch cover serial number.