What's new

Solved Is it not possible to get rid of the hump in the touch cover

OP
K

kiwigirl

Not saying it's not the case, just pointing out that my comment wasn't just one of ignorance. I'm in the UK and there was one hidden away at the bottom of the box, and there was no mention of it actually being included)

I'd hedge my bets along the lines of your last point. I know of few people who actually use it, and even more who have used it and reported that it was a poor effort and just took it off). You'd think though that they have a billion of these things in a warehouse, and it wouldn't make sense just to sit on them based on feedback. Who knows. Interesting though. Where are you from @kiwigirl ? I tried to get on live chat with MS but their support is closed (sunday, silly me)

im from calgary, canada

mtalinm

attach the loop closer to the side of the keyboard with the touchpad (i.e. away from the screen) and it will be less of a problem.

btw I use two pen loops to keep the pen from flopping around - drove me nuts.

never liked it attached to the tablet itself...

i called MS and the person said the pen loop only is included if you bought the SP3 in a bundle. odd.

but i got them to still send me one,just gave them my touch cover serial number.

Doesn't seem right... when I bought my SP3, they just grabbed the color of type cover I wanted off of the display of type covers in the section of the store that sells them. Had the loop - also on the two replacement copies I got, same thing, grabbed one from the general supply. The box itself has a cutout/section on the bottom right with the pen loop in it. I almost missed it when I first purchased as it's kind of hidden, but it's there in every, single, type cover. There is no 'bundle', the 'bundle' they offer consists of a type cover and a version of office/sleeve, in which case they just grab those off the shelves. It's never some all-in-one bundle where some have pen loops and some don't...

I'm in Australia. Bought my SP3 at a retail outlet. Type Cover comes with the Pen Loop in the box. From memory it was attached to the bottomed of the inside of the box.

jonypx09

I live in Canada (specifically Toronto, Ontario) and when I bought my SP3 + Type Cover on September 4, it came with the pen loop. I prefer to have the pen loop at the bottom of the type cover.
DSCF0900.JPG

DSCF0901.JPG

mtalinm

I haven't had any problems with typing. It's up to you; most people would probably place it on the side.

shame on me for criticizing without trying it out first. I've switched it over, and you're right that the keyboard lies flatter and I have no problem typing. i thought it would get in the way but my hands float a bit above the keyboard.

enthuz

shame on me for criticizing without trying it out first. I've switched it over, and you're right that the keyboard lies flatter and I have no problem typing. i thought it would get in the way but my hands float a bit above the keyboard.

Cool. I might try that too.

jonypx09

lol, I use a 12 inch sleeve to protect my Surface and placing the pen loop at the bottom gives the pen a little "breathing room"
media-20141110.jpg