What's new

Is it, or will it, be possible to save Desktops?

BillJ

I love using TaskView; it is a great way of getting to open programs in a hurry, especially with a touch screen, but also with a mouse.

However, I find that my usual workflow utilizes pretty much the same programs in the same configuration day after day; each day I "rebuild" a series of desktops among which I can then navigate.

I have not found a way to "save favorite desktop configurations". Am I missing something, or is there something in the works for this?

Russ

I have not found a way to "save favorite desktop configurations".
Bill --
I am running several computers, and my desktop configurations do not change.

Right click on the Desktop and select View. From its drop-down, make sure AutoArrange is unchecked. That should solve the problem.

Aside from that, one thing that will change the desktop configuration on my SPro is if I use an external monitor that is not "widescreen" or if I access my Pro via RDP from one of my non-widescreen computers.

Take care,
Russ

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it would be great; for instance click a start screen icon and it'll create a new desktop and open up all of your work programs on it in the positions and sizes etc you like to use them (a simple example it opens a new desktop with onenote on one half ot the display and drawboard on the other), or you click one called play and it'll open a new desktop with all your chosen media players and folders and websites etc that you always end up using when listening to music etc.

It's things like this that really make me wish I had followed through with my coding A level.