What's new

is SP3 really "in stores" - can i go check it out?

mtalinm

I know they're taking pre-orders but has anyone seen an SP3 at a store? may be a Microsoft store? dying to get my hands on one...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hearing that they won't have display units until the first or second week of June.

OP
M

mtalinm

ah, here's the answer on msft store:

"Demo devices scheduled to be in stores on June 6. "

Last edited:

Klownicle

Anyone seeing demos in stores early?

The Surface Pro 3 i5 Model will be in Microsoft Stores/Best Buy on June 6th for Demo Units. This was confirmed on the AMA for Reddit. (no source, I am lazy right now).

Now my question is, will they show up earlier than that :big smile:

mohcho

If they have demo units in store on June 6, why is the pre-order date June 20th?!?! I'm dying here... I want the SP3 already!

Klownicle

If they have demo units in store on June 6, why is the pre-order date June 20th?!?! I'm dying here... I want the SP3 already!

Umm, to demo? They did the same thing with the previous Generations. The reason they are in Best Buy as well is due to the Microsoft Store partnership that Microsoft has with Best Buy. We're all in the same boat buddy, I have a first gen surface, and anxious to get a hold of the SP3. I may have purchased the i7, but due to its much delayed release I decided it wasn't worth the extra $300 and time waited. Microsoft flubbed on that one.

Klownicle

Just called my local BestBuy, and they confirmed they will have a demo unit this week. Virtually as soon as they receive it, it will be available to demo. Told me to call back tomorrow or Friday (which confirms obviously the date given by the AMA).

ximoosea

I believe the shipping date of the pre-orders said "by June 20th" which indicates that it is possible they will ship earlier than this.

Odyssey

For the SP2, the actual release date ended up being the date I received the SP2 from the Microsoft store, so I'm expecting the SP3 to ship before the 20th and receive it by the 20th :)