What's new

Is the Urban Amor Gear Case for the Surface Pro 4 any good?

I had a UAG for my SP3 and loved it so also got one for my SP4.
The fit is snug but I can't see how it could possibly crack the screen unless you did it while putting it into or taking it out of the case. .

Maybe the cut was too small due to a fault, and nevertheless the users tried to ram it into the case... Have to admit it's weird. I found two people on amazon.uk with that problem. Glad your's is good. I might be tempted to get one.

jtcb

It looks good, but doesn't seem to have a strap for the Type Cover, meaning it will be flapping around... which I can't see as very safe when compared with something like the UAG.
I think that can be addressed with a string or rubber band or something in that matter.

The kickstand looks like it can go to almost flat just like the tablet's kickstand.

OP
M

MCube74

Today I bought the Urban Armor Gear Cobalt case for my Surface Pro 4.

It is a pretty good case and does make the Surface Pro heavier but boy does it give some protection. Feels very solid.

Once you use this case you probably won't need a carrying pouch as it is good enough already. The case was a tight fit though and did cause some problem for my glass screen protector at one corner but I think it will be fine. Overall the case is pretty good.

I like the pen holder on the top. Now I know where I can put the pen when I am using the surface as a tablet.

Also I can give my 4 year old daughter my Surface Pro 4 to play and draw around. I was worried what if she dropped my Surface Pro. Now with this new case, I can relax a bit and let my daughter have some fun, too.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 439
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 453
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 486
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 455
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 444
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 483
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:

jtcb

Looking nice. Is it the blue color that you have for the case? What brand of screen protector are you using? Is it tempered glass?

OP
M

MCube74

Looking nice. Is it the blue color that you have for the case? What brand of screen protector are you using? Is it tempered glass?
Yes it is the blue color. It matches the color of my keyboard cover.

Yes it is a tempered glass screen protector and it is from China.

Surface Pro is not so popular in HK and that is why not many accessories are available here.