What's new

Is There A Mouse in Your House?

Sir Face

After now trying two different mice for my SP2, (Microsoft Arch Touch Mouse and the Logitech Ultrathin Touch T630), I was wondering if most SP2 owners are using some sort of mouse, or just the touch or stylus to navigate? I have found the Logitech mouse to be the definite winner between these two, but I'm sure there's other good choices out there. Have you Guys found any other mice better as far as small size and function?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I own a Wedge Surface Edition, but I use the Track Pad on the Touch Cover when I need a mouse and use touch quite a bit. Stylus is used only for note taking or drawing.

Dayton

I carry around an Arc Touch Surface, really like how compact it is when collapsed. Decent mouse that I only use when I need extra precision.

Philtastic

I carry around the Wedge mouse mostly for when I want to play a game on the go. It's so small and light that I can carry it everywhere without thinking about it. For the large majority of cases, however, touch or stylus are sufficient for all needs. The only time I use the Type Cover 2 trackpad is if I'm remotely logged into my work network where high dpi scaling isn't enabled so everything is super small, thus I need much greater precision.

OP
S

Sir Face

I am use a wedge mouse . Which took time to get use to it because of the size. I love it immensely

You Guys really ought to take a close look at the Logitech t360 (Ultrathin Touch Mouse T630 - Bluetooth Mouse for Windows - Logitech) it's slicker, smarter and thinner than anything I've found. Rechargable internal battery, has it's own software and can respond to all kinds of taps and flicks with one or more fingers. I sold off my Microsoft Arch Touch mouse as soon as I tried one. It's far better and smaller.

CrippsCorner

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse | Microsoft Hardware

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It has a programmable thumb touch button. I have it set to "Go Back" if I swipe down or "Go Forward" if I slide up on the blue touch button. It's bluetooth, no dongle, free usb port. And haven't changed the batteries in over a month and I use it daily.

Same mouse with the same functions here :) I'm really fussy with mice but have found this one to be pretty good.

kevinlevrone

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse | Microsoft Hardware

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It has a programmable thumb touch button. I have it set to "Go Back" if I swipe down or "Go Forward" if I slide up on the blue touch button. It's bluetooth, no dongle, free usb port. And haven't changed the batteries in over a month and I use it daily.

+1 on this mouse. Good and also cheap. It does freeze sometimes but rarely, like 1-2 times a week.

Renigami

I forgone the mouse, Trackball all the way! Logitech M570 Trackball when I need a sliding mouse pointer device. On my Surface Pro 2 and desktop systems.

Otherwise, I have CAD things with a Fujitsu Lifebook digitizer pen (great for that extra side button).

jrapdx

I forgone the mouse, Trackball all the way! Logitech M570 Trackball when I need a sliding mouse pointer device. On my Surface Pro 2 and desktop systems.

Otherwise, I have CAD things with a Fujitsu Lifebook digitizer pen (great for that extra side button).

Used trackball years ago, but those models became obsolete. I still have an ancient Logitech TB used with a server where high resolution isn't needed. I've been using a fairly elderly MS BT Notebook 5000 mouse with my SP2, the only system I've used that actually works with the BT mouse. Other platforms are supposed to connect to the mouse but didn't.

Also have a Fuji Lifebook pen. Fairly inexpensive and has 2 buttons (configured like buttons 2 & 3), and eraser. For my hand, the switch is a little too high up on the barrel. However, the one-button pens are quite usable: the pen tip is button 1, the side switch is button 2, and long press with tip is button 3.

I suppose the Fuji's "extra" side button could be programmed to another function (maybe MB 1 double-click), but the switch location might make that less useful than it could be.

Seneleron

I've tried the arc mouse, I had a T630 for about 5 days. Didn't like the way the arc mouse tracked, and the T630. . . perfect .. until you try to right click and drag through a menu: it kept closing the menu out on me.

I went back to my Razer naga. Sure, it's wired, and on the SP2 I don't really have much need for the extra buttons, but it's a spare mouse and it's comfortable. When I'm in transit, The pen is more than sufficient. If I HAVE to use the type cover trackpad I can suffer through it. [It's not even the performance, though click-dragging is not my favorite thing to do with it. . .It's the necessarily small size of the thing that gets me, coupled with a compete lack of reference point for where my finger is on it [or off it as the case tends to be]