What's new

Issue Accessing SD Card

Been using the S3 since launch and really like even next to my SP3. An intermittent issue I have been having is that when I go to My Computer, when it usually lists the space used/available under each drive, it will not show any data for the 128GB card I have inserted. If I then double click the SD Card to view the contents, it will access and then take forever to read and then timeout on the task. Not sure what could be causing it as 128GB cards are supported and usually has not been a problem.

Any ideas?

mogulman

I noticed that on my Surface 3, there was some kind of restore procedure that was still semi-inprocess from D: in the recovery section of my device. D: was also the drive assigned for my MicroSD. It wouldn't let me use File History. I'm assuming this was from when they created the factory image? or maybe I just got lucky. You may want to check this though.

I cancelled the restore, and then I was able to use File History.

kundas1

where did you buy your microSD card? if you bought it from eBay your card might be a fake! that is why your having trouble reading it... I would test another SD card to see if your having the same trouble... IF it does the same thing then your SD card slot might be defective...