What's new

Issues with firmware update on SP4 (TPM including)

Olvrick

So recently ive updated to build 17655 Windows 10 Insiders Skip Ahead release, and got TPM notification.
Ive checked and realized that ive got outdated UEFI, SAM, IME and TPM allthrough ive installed all updates and also installed it few times manually.

My TPM version is 5.40.1971.2 (tpm.msc)

But latest version (in Surface pro4 drivers) is TPM_RS1RS3RS2_ 5.62.3126.2 SurfaceTPM.inf

Ive tried install *.inf manually but no luck, TPM outdated and vulnerable.

Also same situation with (checked in BIOS):

System UEFI 103.841.256
SAM Controller 103.1837.257
Intel Management Engine 11.0.11.1006
System Embedded Controller 103.1158.256
Touch Firmware 1.1.98.8.4.0

Any ideas how to update all above?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Download the latest Surface Pro 4 Driver pack MSI file from the Microsoft Download Center and install it - it should update any component that needs it.

OP
O

Olvrick

Thats the issue, ive tried installing using MSI package from microsoft download center, but my TPM still holds on version 5.40.1971.2

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thats the issue, ive tried installing using MSI package from microsoft download center, but my TPM still holds on version 5.40.1971.2
Have you attempted to update directly from Device Manager? Either using the update wizard or manually?

To update manually download the latest Zip file vs. the .msi file...

OP
O

Olvrick

Yes, this is the first thing ive tried.
After reboot grey bar passing, showing that its "updating firmware", but comes only grey bar, after that - reboot and voila...nothing has been updated