Issues with my pen and OneNote/Surface Pro

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro' started by cLin, Jun 3, 2013.

1. cLin

cLin New Member

I'm trying to take notes in OneNote 2013 with my Surface Pro using the stock pen it comes with but whenever I use freeform writing with the pen, it's like if there's a delay between recognizing when it's touching the screen and when it's not.

Because of that, I'm writing words like this: http://i.imgur.com/deCKRAO.png (should say Hello) where everything is connected. What is causing this and how do I fix it if it's even possible? I see youtube videos of people writing fine so I think it's a setting I might of messed with.

I posted this on reddit and they mention pressure sensitivity but I cannot seem to find any further information on it. Is there anyway to tell if it's a hardware issue or software?

2. vinumsv

vinumsv New Member

hmm are directly on the OneNote app or using the handwriting panel ? do u have a screen/scratch guard installed ?

try re-calibrating your pen ..

3. cLin

cLin New Member

I recalibrated using the 100pt calibration floating around the net. Also it's directly on the OneNote app. or any app in general. It's almost like the pen recognizes my input after I touch it instead of immediately. so when I pull away from the screen, it has that trailing line.

Also, no screen/scratch guards. I only have a type cover but that doesn't interfere with my screen when I'm writing.

4. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Sounds to me like the digitizer is faulty. Probably going to require a call to Microsoft.

5. cLin

cLin New Member

Damn. Was hoping to avoid that. I'll just take it to a store and hope they can swap it then and there.

6. tonyz3

tonyz3 New Member

Have you tried another pen to see if the pen is faulty. I had an issue like this on my old note 10.1 and it was the pen. By the way any sammy not pen will work on the surface.