What's new

itunes 12 still looks terrible

79jonesy

I was really hoping that the new iTunes would look crisp on my SP3 but it still looks awful. I guess it serves me right for buying a device with such a beautiful display!

r0b123

I agree, I was hoping after Apple's announcements that they would enhance iTunes' look since it definitely looks blurry and not as sharp as other apps. I also don't like some of the functionality. Seems a bit not as intuitive when navigating the UI which is not typical of Apple.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Somehow I doubt getting iTunes tuned up for the Surface is high on Apple's priority list. Although many displays nowadays are high resolution... I guess they will be forced into it. Unless they include a module IfRunningOnSurfaceMakeItLookCrappy :D

Marc Norris

Hopefully I can help you. In order to have a crisp, sharp display on iTunes with the surface pro 3 you need to tick the display scaling option in the app properties. Although the icons etc will be small it still looks really nice on this display. Using the search function type in iTunes and right click on the app, open file location, right click again and go to properties, compatibility and tick the box disable display scaling.