What's new

iTunes Launching Slowly After Anniversary

PhilC50

I agree. I don't think it is an Apple issue.
The MS Surfaces (all models) have always seemed to have issues with SD Cards. I think this is just another one of them.
It could be that iTunes is confused somehow with setting the option to store music on the SD Card but I don't expect that Apple would do anything about it.
I suppose each would point fingers at the other.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Apple software has always performed better and has better support by remaining in their ecosystem (Mac, iOS).

iTunes has always caused havoc on my Windows machines (my wife used it for a while) Bonjour is one of the worst coded pieces of software ever written by a large ISV.

blasianEng

It is up to the ISV to make their software work with OS updates, that has been the case since commercially software became available.

iTunes on Windows has a long tradition of being problematic....
By your logic no matter what, there couldn't possibly be any bugs that come with windows updates that can affect 3rd party programs. And if it is actually microsoft's fault it's up to 3rd party devs to adapt? Doesn't make sense to me.

And the SD card has always been problematic also. Sometimes the folder just opens by itself as if the sd card was just detected.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
By your logic no matter what, there couldn't possibly be any bugs that come with windows updates that can affect 3rd party programs. And if it is actually microsoft's fault it's up to 3rd party devs to adapt? Doesn't make sense to me.

And the SD card has always been problematic also. Sometimes the folder just opens by itself as if the sd card was just detected.
If the bug is truly Microsoft's fault, the ISV has the ability to open a case with them to jointly resolve it, most ISVs work this way. Microsoft will also notify the ISV of any bugs they may manifest during Beta Testing.

I've used the same 64GB MicroSD card in my RT, SP2, SP3 and now my SP4 without any problem....lucky I guess

bluegrass

Ya. The first thing I would have tried is a different MicroSD, preferably a different brand name manufacturer. I've seen on this forum and experienced myself, all SD memory chips are not equally compatible to all hardware devices that implement them.