What's new

January 18 Firmware Question

clemgrad85

Well, have had my SP2 now for 2 weeks, and all is great so far. I set up my SP2 to let me know when there were updates, but I have to manually download and install them. I have done most updates but get nervous about doing Firmware updates. I have one dated 1/18/14 called System Firmware Update, I guess this is a safe update? Do I have to update that firmware first before the most current one is available? I don't see it available on my SP2 yet. Thanks....

benjitek

[BLAH BLAH BLAH]...nervous about doing Firmware updates. I have one dated 1/18/14 called System Firmware Update, I guess this is a safe update?[BLAH BLAH BLAH]
The 2/11/14 firmware update just came out -- seems fine so far on my SP2. I just installed it and don't have a brick ;-) About all I've noticed so far is the onscreen keyboard has stopped popping up when my Type Cover is attached.

OP
clemgrad85

clemgrad85

The 2/11/14 firmware update just came out -- seems fine so far on my SP2. I just installed it and don't have a brick ;-) About all I've noticed so far is the onscreen keyboard has stopped popping up when my Type Cover is attached.

So apparently no reason to be concerned with the 1/18/14 update?

benjitek

So apparently no reason to be concerned with the 1/18/14 update?
Not that I know of, you might want to do a search on Google or something pops up? I personally didn't have any issues, but that doesn't mean you should consider it a green light to go ahead -- your choice ;)