What's new

July 16 WiFi Firmware Update

ipaq_101

Just installed it. It did NOT fix the 'Limited' WiFi issue for me.

Go to update history and see if the update status states "pending reboot" or "succeeded". After I installed the new update and restarted the SP3 the update status still stated "pending reboot". After rebooting it again, it said "succeeded", it's odd, but maybe you might have the same issue?

Seneleron

I don't know what it was before, but I'm getting about 16.5 down on my SP3.

Desktop right next to me, 30.

update 1:
I reset it again, and now I have "Wi-fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration" and "limited" wifi status. How nice for me :)

If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go bang on the sky and make this thing work again.\

Update 2:

I got it back up, but it's settling in at 4.3Mbps down. ODDLY, I'm still getting 4.3 Mbps UPstream.

Tried restarting again, and limited wifi. It looks like the update broke more than it fixed for me.

Update 3:

back on 2.5Ghz band, 29 Mbps down. Go fig.

Last edited:

clrk9000

Got the July 16 hardware update.
I let my SP3 sleep (30 mins) and upon waking up WIFI is still connected at 5G using Linksys EA4500. I hope this finally resolves the WIFI Limited issue.

be77solo

Unfortunately, I still have the WIFI limited issue as well. Connecting to a 5.0ghz AC R7000 router. Every time I resume from sleep I have limited WIFI, both before and after today's update.

ctitanic

Capture.JPG

cjsacksteder

I let mine sleep for > 30 minutes (after today's hardware update) and on wake up there was no connectivity at all . . . and in Device Manager, no network devices at all! No updates pending reboot. On reboot, the two Bluetooth devices and the Marvell AVASTAR were there . . . driver is 15.68.30444.85. Will sleep again and see what happens next time.

OP
W

WorldIRC

Did the update, rebooted. Limited.
Rebooted again. Limited.
"Forget this network", Wifi Off, Wifi On, Reconnect. Connected.
Rebooted again. Limited for 60 seconds. Connected.
Rebooted again. Connected

Mark Payton

Yesterday: Surface wouldn't tether to my HTC One. It would connect for 30 seconds, then switch to Limited.
Today (post-update): connects every time, and stays connected.

Happy. Nervous, but happy.

OP
W

WorldIRC

Yesterday: Surface wouldn't tether to my HTC One. It would connect for 30 seconds, then switch to Limited.
Today (post-update): connects every time, and stays connected.

Happy. Nervous, but happy.

I had issues with my HTC One M8 hotspot as well; let's see what happens now.

gmtmaster79

wifi status shows 300mbps, while I was getting around 75-80mbps before, so I think it has definitely improved for me!

asus rt-n66