makes no sense to me, can anyone help?

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
On my SP3 on 5GHz AC - MSDN Download 2.2 MB/s

On my Intel NUC on 1GB Ethernet - MSDN Download 1.45 MB/s

implode99

I get 200 mbit or so on my internet connect and 350 on my Steam in house game streaming .. seems a ton better .. ill keep testing

kristalsoldier

I am also getting around 200-115 mbit on my current (public) wireless connection through the local university network. Not sure if this is better or worse than what I used to get earlier - never really looked into it. One thing the update has seemed to fix is the resumption of the wifi connection after waking up the SP3 from Sleep.

clrk9000

After the July 16, 2014 hardware update, SP3 and Linksys EA4500 are now fully compatible with each other both at 2.4G and 5G mode. Not a SINGLE incident of WIFI Limited after sleep or any other issues. Doing a battery rundown test to see if WIFI will act up. Now at 15% battery and still no issue.

LAN Speed is 54Mbps at 2.4G and 300Mbps at 5G. Speedtest is 24Mpbs which is exactly what my subscription speed with Teksavvy.

EDIT. at 8% battery now, and still no problem WIFI Limited or otherwise. VERY HAPPY NOW :) :) :)

EDIT. automatically went to sleep when battery level hit at 6%. I plugged the SP3 and it woke up immediately and connected to WIFI with no issue whatsoever. Microsoft should not this SP3 with the faulty firmware in the first place. I believe LINKSYS ROUTERS are quite popular and not to check its compatibility with it is quite really unusual and surprising.

A very happy SP3 owner except for the almost a month of WIFI Limited issue.

Last edited:

mcsenerd

Not able to speak to the quality of my network connection with any certainty yet, but one thing I have noticed is that my Bluetooth mouse now seems to lose connection if I let the SP3 go to sleep and that did now happen before...

kontrol1

Any way to get the 7/8/14 driver?Is there a download location for the old driver? Looks like this update created the wifi problem (Limited connectivity). It was fine with the 7/8 diver :(. I thought about backing it up before updating but decided against it. Not a good move

aer0

SP3 Wifi Adapter states: Max 75Mbps (@home and @work/public)
Laptop Wifi Adapter states: Max 300Mbps (@home and @work/public)
Desktop Wifi adapter states: Max 450Mbps (@home)

Currently didn't get any updates today.
At least anything explicitly alerting me to an update.
Maybe my SP3 snuck one in without my knowledge :rolleyes:

The slow Wifi is annoying when streaming HD content though :oops:
It has trouble even streaming SD content atm.
Hopefully MS fixes the issues so I can stream HD content without an hour pre-load/pre-buffering wait time :D

ZachBui

I'm still getting limited connectivity after this update. I always have to turn off wifi and enable wifi just to get it working out of sleep mode. Any suggestions?

JesseDiaz

SP3 adapter says 300 mbps at home...this is with the SP3 not plugged in. No limited connection issues as of yet

foghat

I let mine sleep for > 30 minutes (after today's hardware update) and on wake up there was no connectivity at all . . . and in Device Manager, no network devices at all! No updates pending reboot. On reboot, the two Bluetooth devices and the Marvell AVASTAR were there . . . driver is 15.68.30444.85. Will sleep again and see what happens next time.

This issue is not new to this update (has happened to me multiple times). MS says they are still working on a fix for this particular problem.

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/statement-from-ms.9761/

I can usually resolve the issue by scanning for new hardware (in device manager) instead of having to do a reboot.