What's new

June Firware Update Fixes high CPU with microSD and cold boot

The June 2014 firmware update mentions improved stability concerning the microSD card reader. I took my 64GB card from my wallet and decided to try again to test if it would cause my CPU to run high with Interrupts. Amazingly it seems MS has finally fixed the microSD card issue. No more high CPU.

High-idle back?!

The June 2014 firmware update mentions improved stability concerning the microSD card reader. I took my 64GB card from my wallet and decided to try again to test if it would cause my CPU to run high with Interrupts. Amazingly it seems MS has finally fixed the microSD card issue. No more high CPU.

Just a heads-up, over the past 2 days I've been getting random high-idle CPU (System & System Interrupts) Weirdly, I randomly receive 6/10/14 firmware updates every so often even though I completed the update when it came out on 6/10.

GoodBytes

Just a heads-up, over the past 2 days I've been getting random high-idle CPU (System & System Interrupts) Weirdly, I randomly receive 6/10/14 firmware updates every so often even though I completed the update when it came out on 6/10.

System firmware or hardware update. There is a difference.

Philtastic

Yeah, that one is still around. The one from the SD card has been fixed. You can easily tell if it is the same SD card one by watching your CPU usage when you play any sound: the high CPU from SD card would disappear as long as the audio system was active. It had something to do with how the USB controller interacted with other devices, such as audio.

The other high CPU usage scenario still remains so, when you wake your SP2, just do a quick check in task manager to see if the CPU usage is high. I've also found that the high CPU usage with System and System Interrupt can start even while you are using the SP2 but it eventually goes away after 30-60 min. I only let it keep going since I was plugged in.