What's new

just bought a wireless adapter for typing covers, ask me anything about it

kundas1

so they finally had the wireless adapter for the typing covers at bestbuy and I checked it out and decided to buy it, I wanted to see IN HAND how big it was and how heavy it would be ect ect. it's a little heavy but not to heavy that it would be bothersome, also the size isn't as small as I thought it would be and MS could have I'm sure made it smaller and lighter as tech nowadays is more than capable... BUT it works great so far and I even did some gaming on it while connected to my 55" tv playing Halo Spartan Assault... fun fun! it wasn't lagging at all and everything was very smooth and worked perfectly.. all in all I am glad I got it! soo yea ask me anything :LOL:

TunaSurface

How far is the reach?
Also how does it compare to just buying a bluetooth keyboard.
Any idea if it works with the power cover?

Last edited:
OP
kundas1

kundas1

the reach for me has been over 20 feet but didn't take it further, bluetooth keyboard isn't much different except the thickness is less with the touch/type keyboard. As far as the power cover I have no idea as I don't own one, but I don't think it would be a good idea to use the power cover as that is to supply power to the surface and I don't think it would be a good idea to supply power to the wireless adapter through the magnetic port as it isn't designed to do so. any other questions?

OP
kundas1

kundas1

That depends, there's cheaper alternatives out there but for me it's worth it as I like everything to have matching brands.... depends on what your willing/wanting to spend

be77solo

I was curious so just tested the wireless keyboard adapter with the Power Cover and it works just fine, same as my Type 2 Cover. I had read elsewhere the Power Cover was not compatible with the Wireless Keyboard Adapter but that is not true... works great!

PastorShaw

I was curious so just tested the wireless keyboard adapter with the Power Cover and it works just fine, same as my Type 2 Cover. I had read elsewhere the Power Cover was not compatible with the Wireless Keyboard Adapter but that is not true... works great!

I returned the BT adapter because it has a very small charge, being old battery technology. Does the Power Cover change turn that around? Can anyone report how many hours the Power Cover and the BT adapter have together? I'd love to know it gets more than the BT adapter on the Type Cover I used.

be77solo

I returned the BT adapter because it has a very small charge, being old battery technology. Does the Power Cover change turn that around? Can anyone report how many hours the Power Cover and the BT adapter have together? I'd love to know it gets more than the BT adapter on the Type Cover I used.
It should be exactly the same battery life as I don't think the Power Cover charges the Wireless adapter. I haven't had an issue with batter life on mine, but I don't use it as a full time wireless keyboard.

My typical wireless adapter usage pattern is only a few hours at a time either for a meeting or while kicked back relaxing with SP2 streaming to TV or external monitor playing a game. I just charge it every few uses (no idea of actual life as I've never had it die).