What's new

just bought a wireless adapter for typing covers, ask me anything about it

I'm using the type 2 and swipe from right does show charms bar..
With the adapter connected? Surprising...

Even the above quoted zdnet article mentions A few of those reviews noted that the Bluetooth drivers for the Surface were in need of updating to recognize the touch gestures Microsoft supports with Windows 8.1. (which is not true as it is not the "Bluetooth drivers" that need to be updated...)

fonzman78

With the adapter connected? Surprising...

Even the above quoted zdnet article mentions A few of those reviews noted that the Bluetooth drivers for the Surface were in need of updating to recognize the touch gestures Microsoft supports with Windows 8.1. (which is not true as it is not the "Bluetooth drivers" that need to be updated...)

Just tried this and it works. Not sure why they are saying the touch gestures aren't recognized when using Bluetooth. I bought the adapter on day 1 and use it all the time. It's great for gaming allowing you space to work keyboard and mouse. I would recommend getting one before they are all gone.

daniielrp

I was holding off for a UK release (obv not gonna happen), and looked at importing but was too expensive (like £120!), but can now get it for around £50 from eBay? (that's cheaper than what I paid for my Arc Touch Mouse here in the UK!)

Worth it?

OP
kundas1

kundas1

DEF worth it IMHO, I use it all the time... not as much as I would like but I find it useful nonetheless... especially at 50$ got nothing to lose