What's new

just bought a wireless adapter for typing covers, ask me anything about it

daniielrp

DEF worth it IMHO, I use it all the time... not as much as I would like but I find it useful nonetheless... especially at 50$ got nothing to lose

How long does it last from one charge?

Also, can it last a few days off charge? So say i charged it monday then didn't use it till friday would it keep the charge?

OP
kundas1

kundas1

Honestly it doesn't last as long as it should when using constantly... only 2hrs max, and as for off-use discharge it takes like 5 days and it drops alot... also another ting that sorta bothers me a little is it takes a LOOONG time to charge... but I wouldn't be with out it just for those reasons.

daniielrp

Honestly it doesn't last as long as it should when using constantly... only 2hrs max, and as for off-use discharge it takes like 5 days and it drops alot... also another ting that sorta bothers me a little is it takes a LOOONG time to charge... but I wouldn't be with out it just for those reasons.

Hhhhmm, bit disappointing. I am torn between this and the MS Wedge keyboard (Bluetooth, compact, standard batteries so will last a while, I can get for around £25)

OP
kundas1

kundas1

Well I can tell you that the MS type cover with the wireless adapter is far more thinner than the wedge keyboard therefor much more transportable... they fit in my small transport bag perfectly...

daniielrp

Well I can tell you that the MS type cover with the wireless adapter is far more thinner than the wedge keyboard therefor much more transportable... they fit in my small transport bag perfectly...

But, when it comes to use, the Surface is used on and off for 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week. And as part of my job is writing articles, typing is something that I have to be able to do. Finding space in my rucksack is easier to justify than having to plug in the adapter part way through my day.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

Well if your talking about work a 9 to 5 thing, then wouldn't you have the keyboard attached? The wireless adapter is for those moments that you need portability... not work intensive scenario.

daniielrp

Well if your talking about work a 9 to 5 thing, then wouldn't you have the keyboard attached? The wireless adapter is for those moments that you need portability... not work intensive scenario.

At the moment, yes I do have it always attached, but I could hook up to a bigger monitor and then use the wireless adaptor/keyboard for better desk arrangement.

bulls96

I just snagged one on eBay.

It is very useful.

Two finger scrolling is not working though. Is this a known issue? I'm using a surface pro 3.

I have one that I've used very lightly for my SP3s and still carry in my bag. Now I have an SP4 i5/512/16 and have a power use case question. Which draws more power - bluetooth from the SP4 to the wireless adapter, or the Surface directly connected to the keyboard driving the backlit keyboard? I understand the wireless adapter would only drive my keyboard for a couple of hours, but if that's less of a power draw than having the keyboard directly attached and buys me an extra hour or two of power on the Surface itself that'd be handy when transiting for extended periods of time in the air.

When traveling the first four things I do is turn off bluetooth, lower display brightness, turn on power saver and disable the backlight on the keyboard, but if leaving the bluetooth on and attaching the wireless adapter to the keyboard and using the keyboard detached bought me more battery than vice-versa of the keyboard attached and bluetooth on I'd go that route.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.