What's new

Just got me a Lumia 1520

kundas1

LOL so I bought another phone which is the 1520 (got an amazing deal for where I live) and this baby is a BEAST! but I luv the size and screen of this bad boy and will be selling my 920 now... so what recommendations do you 1520 owners have for me? JEFF? hellooo I'm talking to you! :p LOL

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
LOL so I bought another phone which is the 1520 (got an amazing deal for where I live) and this baby is a BEAST! but I luv the size and screen of this bad boy and will be selling my 920 now... so what recommendations do you 1520 owners have for me? JEFF? hellooo I'm talking to you! :p LOL
I use it for Pandora, Xbox Music and Video, Netflix, HULU Plus, Plex...It is also a great Skype and Lync Client and IE is great. I use it as Tablet and Phone or one might say a Phablet :)

All of the games play really well, my son steals mine to play HALO - Spartan Assault and Modern Combat...

OP
kundas1

kundas1

ohh all good suggestions, I have halo and modern combat and all those goodies... what I was also wondering what accessories I should get, like tempered glass screen protector? are those any good?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
ohh all good suggestions, I have halo and modern combat and all those goodies... what I was also wondering what accessories I should get, like tempered glass screen protector? are those any good?
Some people like them...I don't use a screen protector personally. I've used the Incipio Feather Case on it and have a stands on my various desks. If you have one that has the Wireless Charging getting one of the Wireless Charging Docks is a good purchase. I would also add a 64 or 128GB Micro-SD Card...

VickiFL

I love my Lumia 1520. It's a great device! I like Cortana a lot. I just wish she were out of beta.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

thanks lee and Jeff, yea I already got the 64GB card, also ordered some small stuff from ebay already like a car charger and other stuff ;)

kristalsoldier

I just got a 1520 too!!! Gave up a brand new 830 for it (actually handed the 830 over to a very close family member). The 1520 I got is a Hong Kong variant (RM-937 or something like that). It was brand new too and I got it for a damn good price!!!! I simply love it!!

I use it for Reddit, video, Skype. I have also begun reading a lot of my ebooks on it - and it is excellent for that purpose. Tomorrow I will be putting in a MicroSD card (probably a 64GB) for my music. But I am still toying with the idea for a case for it - but no screen protectors for me.

One thing that really attracted me to the 1520 - well aside from the aesthetics and the screen size - is that the internals will probably hold good for WP10 and will be relevant till at least Q1 2016. In that sense, it was a worthwhile investment!!!!

kristalsoldier

Some people like them...I don't use a screen protector personally. I've used the Incipio Feather Case on it and have a stands on my various desks. If you have one that has the Wireless Charging getting one of the Wireless Charging Docks is a good purchase. I would also add a 64 or 128GB Micro-SD Card...

Do you still use the case? Can you suggest a good case - hopefully something that can be bought with the least of hassles here in the UK?