What's new

Just landed myself a basic SP3 for Xmas

Ilias

Hey all,

Just landed myself this fab device. My wife thought it would come in quite useful when on vacation in Hawaii.

I have Photoshop and Lightroom added to the device for quick adjustments if required.

I just have a couple of questions, as I am not that tech savvy, so I hope all you good people can assist this old fella.

I love photography and recently purchased myself a Fuji xt1.

What is the best way to transfer raw images from camera or SD to the SP3. In asking that, as this is only the basic model, I need to expand storage. What is better, a micro SD or portable HDD.

I wait in anticipation.

Cheers
Ilias

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome.

Best way to transfer images... depends on which version you have
http://app.fujifilm-dsc.com/en/
It supports Wireless transfer or Wired via USB... (Hey, is that a USB... yep its got a USB).
looks like it wants to use the Finepix Studio App from the User Manual and it appears to be an App with benefits if you're into that sort of thing. um, Posting to Facebook etc.

MicroSD card for extra storage would be more convenient but it depends on how much space you really need for pictures & movies.

OP
I

Ilias

Welcome.

Best way to transfer images... depends on which version you have
http://app.fujifilm-dsc.com/en/
It supports Wireless transfer or Wired via USB... (Hey, is that a USB... yep its got a USB).
looks like it wants to use the Finepix Studio App from the User Manual and it appears to be an App with benefits if you're into that sort of thing. um, Posting to Facebook etc.

MicroSD card for extra storage would be more convenient but it depends on how much space you really need for pictures & movies.
You're a wizard GreyFox7

Thanks Bud
Ilias

OP
I

Ilias

This app ain't working....I feel so frustrated... anybody else out there with Fuji gear and sp3? I would love to hear from you.

Cheers
Ilias

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Get a 64 or 128 GB Class 10 MicroSD Card (Sandisk is on sale on Amazon today only), use the USB Cable and Windows Photo Import and copy them over to the drive no App should be needed...

OP
I

Ilias

Thanks.... I have never had to use a card reader b4...My only issue is that I have the i3 64gb and space is limited...I have used Photoshop, but have never used adobe Lightfoot... so I guess all of this is a steep learning curve for an old fella like me.

Cheers
Ilias

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks... have not checked, but is there a USB cable that comes with sp3?

Cheers
Not sure if the camera came with one, but it has a Micro USB Connector built into the camera and most non-fruit smartphones use those for charging/syncing to PCs....

upload_2014-12-30_20-49-38.png

OP
I

Ilias

Thanks... no the camera did not come with a cable... guess I gotta buy one soon... gotta laugh too as I don't know what non fruit is?

Cheers