What's new

Just picked up new toys...

OP
T

thefollans

I hope you both can keep an open mind with Windows.

Absolutely. Obviously there will be things we love more about each system but for me... having my actual computer with me in a tablet form wins over having my MBP and an iPad (which I have never grown to love anyway). So it's all good.I am getting used to it over the last few days. I actually don't mind WIN 8.1. I was a little confused for the first few days, sort of didn't know if I was working in Metro, desktop or even if it mattered...

Liking it a lot more today :)

kristalsoldier

Personally, I would love to replace my iPad Air with a similarly sized and most importantly with the same aspect ratio Windows 8.1 tablet with Inking capabilities. If I could get my hands on that, I would gladly give up my iPad! In so far as apps are concerned, yes, without doubt, the iPad has damn good apps for my particular use - specifically PDF Expert (Drawboard as a Win equivalent is good, but not as good as PDF Expert). I also use iBooks to read ePUBs on the iPad but have found Book Visor in the Windows store which seems to be equally good. So, that is taken care of.