What's new

Just tried Guitar Rig on the SP3

StevenG

I have been having fun with Rocksmith on the XBOX One to get my guitar chops back, and decided to give the Realtone cable a try plugged into the SP3.
So I went and downloaded the free version of Native Instruments Guitar Rig, installed Asio4all (hardware agnostic driver that allows pretty much any sound card to have an ASIO driver), plugged the RealTone cable (this comes with the Rocksmith game, and features a guitar lead with an USB connector on the other end, and an integrated audio to USB converter) and KERRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNGGGGG!!

Works fine!

I pulled the sound card latency quite low (around 96 samples) and the CPU meter on Guitar Rig did not go over 30%. I'll give it a try at lower latencies next time.
Anyway, the SP3 might just be a great guitar pedalboard for guitar players on the move. Now I just need to Beer-proof it for rehearsals...

dleuen

I use my SP3 with Scuffham S-Gear all the time and it sounds absolutely wonderful. I get even better tone with a Focusrite iTrack Solo for the guitar interface and a nice set of headphones for listening. It's my perfect quiet practice rig that I can take anywhere. But yeah amazingly the Rocksmith cable with asio4all works quite well too.

I have been wondering about using a program like Mixcraft to hook up my guitar to my SP3. I have the i3 version. Do you think that will work without horrible latency?

dleuen

I have been wondering about using a program like Mixcraft to hook up my guitar to my SP3. I have the i3 version. Do you think that will work without horrible latency?

Mixcraft should work perfectly on your i3. I wouldn't expect any problems at all.