just upgraded from Surface 2 to Surface 3

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by kundas1, Jul 18, 2014.

1. kundas1

kundas1 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Well I couldn't hold off! I bit the bullet and purchased the Surface 3 today and am now presently typing on it to post this thread as we speak, so far my first impression is it's THE PERFECT SIZE for a tablet, I was afraid that I would find it to big as I'm coming from the S2 and I liked the size but now I see this is sooo much better.. when I initially opened it up the battery was completely dead (which I didn't like) and hope nothing bad comes from this... so today I am gonna play with my new toy (like a kid) and see how this bad boy runs! Will post back with my impressions and findings...

PocketAce and unruledboy like this.
  2. dleuen

dleuen Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Congrats! I too thought the SP3 would be too big to use as a tablet but I find it way more comfortable than my SP1, probably because it is thinner and lighter. It has completely replaced my iPad and now when I do look at my iPad I find it to be too small.

3. ctitanic

ctitanic Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Congratulations!

4. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Nice! I also came from the Surface 2 to the SP3 and I love it!

5. kundas1

kundas1 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    wow! so I just tried an oldie but a goodie game called Raven Shield 3 and it works better than I thought! don't know what the frame rates are but to me it is running smooth as butter! very content with that as I still play this game regularly and this is gonna be fun to play when I'm on the road waiting for my mother when she's shopping...

6. Shawn Alfenito

Shawn Alfenito New Member

I am getting a lot of mileage from my back catalog of games I never completed. Currently tested Guacamele, Prototype, Deus Ex Human evolution, Assassin's creed II, and Star Wars Force Unleashed II, all run very smooth. I am not a frame per second counter so I am not sure exactly what speed they are running at, but it feels perfectly responsive and enjoyable.