What's new

(Kernel-Power-Exception) Reboot/Crash after/while in sleep mode

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm saying, that I had used Intel Extreme Tuning Utility on my frist SP3 and then I had the same issue, but now I'm on my third SP3 and I have never used it again.

In my view, Microsoft has set the sleep voltage too low with the last firmware update.
OK, that clears up that part...I have 4 Surface Pro 3's in house and 80 at work, I'm not experiencing these issue on any of them...

OP
B

bender

@leeshor
No, just to the type cover.

@jnjroach
I've recognized that this issue occurs if RAM/CPU usage is medium/high => opened tasks, when this happens
(VisualStudio 2013, MatLab, Outlook, DrawBoard, OneNote, OneDrive, Spotify, Chrome, Adobe PDF).

3 of 5 days this is my normal working routine. Today I've only used (MatLab, Outlook, DrawBoard, Chrome) and after sleep mode everything was fine.

Other thread with the same issue =>

http://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/2d2teu/solved_surface_pro_3_shuts_down_during_standby/
Surface Pro 3 shuts down/restarts during standby with docking station

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So do you have Hyper-V enabled as part of the Visual Studio Install? Looking at the other thread and what you are experiencing with the titles you are using it sounds like you are perhaps over-heating the SP3 and the Power Management/Thermal Firmware is trying to shut it down but if you are using Hyper-V S0iX is no longer available...

OP
B

bender

No, I don't use Hyper-V and it isn't installed. I don't like it...

I don't think it is a heating problem, because it not often gets warm/hot.
But if it does, why it throws a Kernel-Power-Exception?