Keyboard Cover Lighted Keys

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by Tmozer, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Tmozer

Tmozer Member

Naples, FL/Murrells Inlet, SC/Lakewood NJ
    I love having a lighted keyboard since much of computer time is in the evening. I am happy that the Keyboard cover for the SP3 is lit. However I am unhappy that the lighted keys go dark after inactivity. I realize that this is to save power, but it would be nice if they stayed on with the SP3 was plugged in and not running on batteries.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes Well-Known Member

There is no way to do what you want to do. However, you can get a similar computer keyboard. Check out the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (K740). It is a wired keyboard, laptop style keys, white backlit, always on with 4 brightness levels (with off state). And no special software needed to make it work, unless you want some of the select special keys such as windows switching (the rest works within Windows)

I have that keyboard for my desktop computer. It is my favorite keyboard. I don't like the wireless version. The keys are different, and feels like I am typing on a sponge. Wired one is the best.

3. Tmozer

Tmozer Member

Naples, FL/Murrells Inlet, SC/Lakewood NJ
    Well for $70 (Amazon) it had better be a great keyboard. Thanks. I will consider it.......

4. ptrkhh

ptrkhh Active Member

If I remember correctly, the keyboard uses a proximity sensor to detect when your hand approaches the keyboard. Try covering it up with some tapes, maybe.