What's new

Keyboard doesn't sit flush folded back

EMINENT

I didn't know this was how it is on the type cover. Is it like that on the previous gen. Surface type covers?

Kind of a downer.

Bandito

I'm not sure what you mean by doesn't sit flush, but on both my SP2 and SP3, when the covers are folded back behind the screen, they lay completely flat against the back of the unit.

OP
EMINENT

EMINENT

I'm not sure what you mean by doesn't sit flush, but on both my SP2 and SP3, when the covers are folded back behind the screen, they lay completely flat against the back of the unit.

Yeah, this doesn't happen with SP3.

tuchas

Ok, I just tried it again. I have to give it some slack at the fold for it to sit flat.

All ok now. Just a bit different from the touch cover.

You can flip the cover and attach it to the SP3, so when you fold it back the keyboard is facing the back of the unit.

gtext

For those with the SP3 and type cover. When the cover is folded over the screen does it have a magnet to keep it closed against screen. Not seen this mentioned anywhere so assuming it doesn't.

OP
EMINENT

EMINENT

For those with the SP3 and type cover. When the cover is folded over the screen does it have a magnet to keep it closed against screen. Not seen this mentioned anywhere so assuming it doesn't.

No, it doesn't.

OP
EMINENT

EMINENT

Pity. Would have been good seeing it was missing on the SP2. Thanks.

Sure is. I'm sure it would've caused extra weight too. I wonder how much lighter the cover and tab would be without the magnets. I'd probably be as light as my Surface 2.

Maybe a lighter, thinner SP4 could incorporate both and be lighter than an S2.

kontrol1

This can be a problem from what I can see . I left the unit in the backpack with Type Cover closed position expecting the screen to stay off. Just now checked and the unit is warm and the screen is on. Unless the cover can stay flush with the screen system is going to stay on.