What's new

Keyboard Problems With Surface Pro 3

AMDT

Keyboard Problems (SP3)

Okay
. Here's the problem: the keyboard (SP3 version) at some point in the last few weeks has stopped responding/typing with my Surface. At first, I thought it was just that the keyboard was faulty, but after buying a new SP3 keyboard and attaching it to the SP3, I found no difference in that I still could not type/the keyboard would not register the keystrokes that I attempted to put in. So here's where you guys come in - should I:

a) Take it to a PC mechanic and see what he thinks about the problem?
b) Buy a SP4 keyboard to see if that changes anything?
c) Buy a whole new SP3/4 altogether?

Cheers for any info on what I should do,

-AMDT

(Also, if I should just post this question in an already created thread or that I've posted this in the wrong topic, forgive me - I've only been on this forum for a short time - usually finding answers to problems I've had beforehand!)

ScottyS

Keyboard Problems (SP3)

Okay
. Here's the problem: the keyboard (SP3 version) at some point in the last few weeks has stopped responding/typing with my Surface. At first, I thought it was just that the keyboard was faulty, but after buying a new SP3 keyboard and attaching it to the SP3, I found no difference in that I still could not type/the keyboard would not register the keystrokes that I attempted to put in. So here's where you guys come in - should I:

a) Take it to a PC mechanic and see what he thinks about the problem?
b) Buy a SP4 keyboard to see if that changes anything?
c) Buy a whole new SP3/4 altogether?

Cheers for any info on what I should do,

-AMDT

(Also, if I should just post this question in an already created thread or that I've posted this in the wrong topic, forgive me - I've only been on this forum for a short time - usually finding answers to problems I've had beforehand!)
I have the same problem. It came after an update a couple of months ago. Was fixed by the System Firmware Update - ‎1/‎19/‎2016 but stopped working again after a later update.
My type cover works on a friend's S3 and his type cover works on mine so it is the software (or firmware) of the SP3 that's at fault.

Was thinking of doing a full reset, but haven't got around to it (been using it at home with USB keyboard and mouse and out as a tablet and onscreen keyboard).

ni_case

I saw this on an online forum, It actually worked on my Surface3.
So Press both the power key and volume down key on the surface for a few seconds to soft reset.
if that doesn't solve it press power and volume key for a few seconds to reset it.
Both worked for me.
Hopes it helps you too.

bluegrass

I would give your computer to me and buy a new one. I'll send you my address if you want to handle it this way.