Known issues for SP4

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 4' started by TonyJackson, Nov 27, 2015.

1. robertcan

robertcan Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    It's happened twice to me. Not enough for me to consider it a significant issue.

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Other
    The keyboard connector is running across an USB Bus and occasionally this happens to USB devices, typically cleared via Firmware Updates.

3. TonyJackson

TonyJackson New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    didn't experience that. Only can't wake up the screen via type cover from sleep.

4. saidgta

saidgta Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I dont have this issue...

5. Darnellmc

Darnellmc New Member

My Device:
    SPro4

For me, every day and more often than not. If I close the Type Cover, or turn the screen off via a quick press of the power button. And no matter whether I have the SP4 connected to power or not. After some time, if I try to open the cover to wake the screen, or press the power button to wake the screen, the screen remains black, but any notifications will appear. And holding the power button will show a screen that says to slide down to Power Off and that appears, but nothing else will show. Otherwise the screen remains black. I have to power off and back on to remedy the issue, via holding the power button till it powers off. The slide down to Power Off option does not seem to work correctly either. This same issue occurs if the screen goes off via power saving settings for it to turn off after some time.

6. Omni

Omni Active Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Ive started having a issue with my Surface Dock. When I leave my SP4 plugged in theres a 50/50 chance I wont be able to get it to come back after it sleeps. I need to hard reset. I've just changed it so it never sleeps when plugged in but that's not ideal.

I know a sleep fix is coming early next year so hopefully that will fix it.

7. kyrkesmith

kyrkesmith New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I've been experiencing the first one, and more generally the connection switching to limited connectivity. It seems to happen when connected to the dock, and disconnecting from the dock lets me disconnect and reconnect from WiFi and the connection goes back to normal (conversely, doing this when still connected to the dock doesn't restore the connection).
    External displays are also generally a nightmare – I've got two 4 K screens, one connected to the dock and one directly to the Surface Pro 4 i7 (I couldn't get them both to work from the dock). They regularly flick off and back on again (about a second later), not normally both at the same time.

The other things I've got connected to the dock are a printer, a USB headset and a transceiver for a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 keyboard. I haven't yet tried to see if it's related to any of these things.

I'm also seeing strange behaviour when I put the Surface into standby. Primarily that it sits there with the fan on full blast, even if it's been silent to that point. Seems not to do it if I use the button on the device to turn it off, just when I do it from the Start menu/lock screen. The monitor connected to the dock stays on when it's in standby too and flicks off and on frequently.

I've got all the latest updates installed and have installed the specific drivers for the Samsung U24E590D monitors.

Any thoughts?

8. Darnellmc

Darnellmc New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    They have an update coming next month, to address some of the issues.

9. Revolution

Revolution New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    aaaagrhhh. The 12/7 december driver update didn't fix my issue with a randomly scrambled display.
    I want my SP3 back :(

10. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

LOL - They have an update every month and then some. ;)

11. TommyTuna

TommyTuna New Member

I have the same issue with the Surface 4 and the new dock. Coming out of sleep or hibernate it is now a 50/50 that will freeze or go dark. Funny that at the end of November it was stable. Seems like recent drivers are to blame. I even changed from sleep to hibernate in the settings. So frustrating but I gather i'm not alone and that they're working on it.

12. szymon.nowak

szymon.nowak New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    #3 and #5 I test two days, on the IE bug does not appear, only on the Edge and Firefox. Chrome 47 Zoom operates a nightmare