What's new

Known issues for SP4

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The keyboard connector is running across an USB Bus and occasionally this happens to USB devices, typically cleared via Firmware Updates.

OP
T

TonyJackson

By the way as I am new in the forum, do you guys happen to know if the issue with the Type Cover not working after a reboot (or after log off) has been reported to Microsoft? And are they working on it? I needed to reboot the machine twice in order for the Type Cover to work again and thankfully I know for this issue from here and Windows Central. I cannot imagine the feeling of someone who is the typical end user and does not read forums...

didn't experience that. Only can't wake up the screen via type cover from sleep.

saidgta

By the way as I am new in the forum, do you guys happen to know if the issue with the Type Cover not working after a reboot (or after log off) has been reported to Microsoft? And are they working on it? I needed to reboot the machine twice in order for the Type Cover to work again and thankfully I know for this issue from here and Windows Central. I cannot imagine the feeling of someone who is the typical end user and does not read forums...
I dont have this issue...

Darnellmc

4th: cannot wake up from opening type cover;
5th: screen died randomly and have to do a switch off-on operation.

For me, every day and more often than not. If I close the Type Cover, or turn the screen off via a quick press of the power button. And no matter whether I have the SP4 connected to power or not. After some time, if I try to open the cover to wake the screen, or press the power button to wake the screen, the screen remains black, but any notifications will appear. And holding the power button will show a screen that says to slide down to Power Off and that appears, but nothing else will show. Otherwise the screen remains black. I have to power off and back on to remedy the issue, via holding the power button till it powers off. The slide down to Power Off option does not seem to work correctly either. This same issue occurs if the screen goes off via power saving settings for it to turn off after some time.

Omni

Ive started having a issue with my Surface Dock. When I leave my SP4 plugged in theres a 50/50 chance I wont be able to get it to come back after it sleeps. I need to hard reset. I've just changed it so it never sleeps when plugged in but that's not ideal.

I know a sleep fix is coming early next year so hopefully that will fix it.

kyrkesmith

My new sp4 has the following issues (although have all updated to the newest version till 27 Nov):
1st: Wifi disconnected and kept asking password with a warning: your information changed since the previous connection;
3rd: display adapter crashes randomly;
I've been experiencing the first one, and more generally the connection switching to limited connectivity. It seems to happen when connected to the dock, and disconnecting from the dock lets me disconnect and reconnect from WiFi and the connection goes back to normal (conversely, doing this when still connected to the dock doesn't restore the connection).
External displays are also generally a nightmare – I've got two 4 K screens, one connected to the dock and one directly to the Surface Pro 4 i7 (I couldn't get them both to work from the dock). They regularly flick off and back on again (about a second later), not normally both at the same time.

The other things I've got connected to the dock are a printer, a USB headset and a transceiver for a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 keyboard. I haven't yet tried to see if it's related to any of these things.

I'm also seeing strange behaviour when I put the Surface into standby. Primarily that it sits there with the fan on full blast, even if it's been silent to that point. Seems not to do it if I use the button on the device to turn it off, just when I do it from the Start menu/lock screen. The monitor connected to the dock stays on when it's in standby too and flicks off and on frequently.

I've got all the latest updates installed and have installed the specific drivers for the Samsung U24E590D monitors.

Any thoughts?

TommyTuna

I have the same issue with the Surface 4 and the new dock. Coming out of sleep or hibernate it is now a 50/50 that will freeze or go dark. Funny that at the end of November it was stable. Seems like recent drivers are to blame. I even changed from sleep to hibernate in the settings. So frustrating but I gather i'm not alone and that they're working on it.

szymon.nowak

My new sp4 has the following issues (although have all updated to the newest version till 27 Nov):
1st: Wifi disconnected and kept asking password with a warning: your information changed since the previous connection;
2nd: flickering screen especially in low brightness setting;
3rd: display adapter crashes randomly;
4th: cannot wake up from opening type cover;
5th: screen died randomly and have to do a switch off-on operation.

Any other issues you suffered pls posted below and we could try to find solutions. :)

#3 and #5 I test two days, on the IE bug does not appear, only on the Edge and Firefox. Chrome 47 Zoom operates a nightmare