What's new

Laggy game from the store

Ozozuz

Hi guys, today i forced myself to use my sp3 more as a tablet and i downloaded a few app and games from the store but i noticed some problems in 2 games out of 2.

I downloaded Rayman fiesta wich is totally unplayable on my sp3, it run at around 10-15 fps and it looks like a slowmotion video.
And fifa 15 that is playable but very laggy.

Very annoying on a 800€ + device.

Any ideas ?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would download and try on my own to see if it is a unique case, but my internet doesn't exist.

It does sound odd that there are apps on the store that can't run properly on this hardware. Seems that other than the SP line, there is no other market for the windows store than low power tablets and phones, hence me wondering if it is just something wrong with your machine. Given some of the games i've played quite happily, i cant see why the rayman game wouldn't run well for hardware reasons. Seems to me it is software related.

Aegeas

I would do the manual update to the latest Intel video driver too. That changed my game performance from crap to outstanding.

kundas1

OP, are you using the i3 by any chance? I have the i5 with the 4GB of ram and I can play Modern Combat 5 with absolutely no stuttering and that's a pretty cpu/gpu intensive game, so I think maybe something might be going on with your device... perhaps try performing a restore and re-install the game to see if things improved... IF you are using the i3 version I don't see that should cause your game to stutter so badly because the games are optimized for the SP3...

Zog1971

This may indeed be a processor issue as I have the i7 SP3 and bought Rayman Fiesta Run on sale yesterday and have been playing it without any complaints whatsoever. Although, I have to admit I would be surprised that this isn't running on the i5 or i3 SP3 as it seems to run fine on many smartphones. Perhaps there is something more graphics intensive than meets the eye? Hmmmm. Not sure.

madapo

This may indeed be a processor issue as I have the i7 SP3 and bought Rayman Fiesta Run on sale yesterday and have been playing it without any complaints whatsoever. Although, I have to admit I would be surprised that this isn't running on the i5 or i3 SP3 as it seems to run fine on many smartphones. Perhaps there is something more graphics intensive than meets the eye? Hmmmm. Not sure.
Thanks Zog1971 for answer.
I think this is awful for microsoft ecosystem and for customers. My ipad 3 run this game perfect. !!!!!!! So? This is "again" not good news for microsoft windows store

Aegeas

You need to update your video driver. I'm telling you. You want the very latest beta with the settings in it set to performance. I play this game flawlessly.

Thanks Zog1971 for answer.
I think this is awful for microsoft ecosystem and for customers. My ipad 3 run this game perfect. !!!!!!! So? This is "again" not good news for microsoft windows store

Game might be a badly coded port over to the MS store - god knows it's going to sell more being on the Apple app store so that version is probably better optimized. Is your SP3 throttling due to temperature? Worst case scenario get one of those portable USB fans and aim it at the top-right part of your SP3.

OP
O

Ozozuz

OP, are you using the i3 by any chance? I have the i5 with the 4GB of ram and I can play Modern Combat 5 with absolutely no stuttering and that's a pretty cpu/gpu intensive game, so I think maybe something might be going on with your device... perhaps try performing a restore and re-install the game to see if things improved... IF you are using the i3 version I don't see that should cause your game to stutter so badly because the games are optimized for the SP3...

i have i5 4gb version ...