What's new

Laptop & iPad -> SP3

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't do the initial build, one of my company IT techs did. We can't image it, no image for the surface yet. We have a few test machines and if it goes well then we will have a broader deployment (and an image).
If you haven't you need to let IT know about this issue they should be able to confirm if it's happening with other units and isolate if its a build issue. make sure everything works with the base OS build then start adding in other software...

OP
PhotoKaz

PhotoKaz

I installed AV and VPN. We do have policies but those should not prevent driver install. I'm also a local admin on the Surface.

wynand32

Out of curiosity, do you have anything showing up as not supported/installed in Device Manager? And do you have the pen listed in Human Interface Devices?

OP
PhotoKaz

PhotoKaz

Out of curiosity, do you have anything showing up as not supported/installed in Device Manager? And do you have the pen listed in Human Interface Devices?

Yes, "Bluetooth LE Service" has no driver. Shows up when I try to pair the pen. Tried everything to get it working, so did MS. Hopefully they can fix it next week.

Also have the ethernet driver show up as a problem in DM when docked.

wynand32

I'm at a loss to understand why the Bluetooth LE driver wouldn't install from the driver pack. Sounds like there's some inherent issue with Win 8.1 Enterprise. Wouldn't have expected it, but stranger things have happened.

But, certainly, no Bluetooth driver, no pen pairing.

OP
PhotoKaz

PhotoKaz

I have other Bluetooth drivers working. I can see the pen and try to pair, it just fails to pair with "driver error"

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you haven't already you might try uninstalling patch from kb2968599 and reinstalling it.
View installed updates", find patch KB2968599 (use the search function at the very upper right of the window to find it) uninstall it, restart, then downloaded and manually install the patch from the TechNet article.