What's new

Lets hear from the girls.

bluegrass

Do you think technology like the Surfaces are a guys toy much more so than the girls? Maybe you guys that have a girlfiend or a wife can help answer this question.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
My gf really enjoyed it. But her enjoyment was irrelevant because she was long ago sucked into apple. She didn't find anything guy toy about it, and when an MS salesman showed her one, he and I both mocked her ipad a little bit, ok, that's a massive understatement haha. But no matter what the device does, its still not an ipad. I should add she's a digital artist, but ipad (2) still wins for her somehow.

olimjj

Did you ever take note on how the smaller Apple notebooks I see used by women look like make-up cases when closed?

daniielrp

I'm beginning to get the feeling that you either don't talk to many women or are just very sexist?

olimjj

IMO Apple products have a greater WAF than Microsoft /other devices and might be a factor for their popularity among woman. It is an enviable Design and Marketing strategy , which I believe is deliberate, and should be emulated to some degree by Microsoft. JMTC

double07

I was at Best buy this morning and there was couple of females appear to mother and daughter. They bought SF3. The blue shirt dude was helping them setting it up.

olimjj

I was at Best buy this morning and there was couple of females appear to mother and daughter. They bought SF3. The blue shirt dude was helping them setting it up.

IMO Apple products have a greater WAF than Microsoft /other devices and might be a factor for their popularity among woman. It is an enviable Design and Marketing strategy , which I believe is deliberate, and should be emulated to some degree by Microsoft. JMTC

Yes I should have begun with " Prior to the introduction of the SP3........."

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My wife has used the SP2 and now the SP3 as her default machine for the last year, she also has a Dell Venue 8. She loves computers but you'll never find her on a forum discussing them...