What's new

Lets hear from the girls.

malberttoo

My wife has used the SP2 and now the SP3 as her default machine for the last year, she also has a Dell Venue 8. She loves computers but you'll never find her on a forum discussing them...

What does she do with the Dell? I bought on Amazon because it was dirt cheap, but have barely used it, between me or my wife.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What does she do with the Dell? I bought on Amazon because it was dirt cheap, but have barely used it, between me or my wife.
She bought the Dell (Well I bought it) for her trip to El Salvador and then our family vacation around the British Isles this summer. She doesn't use it often, but she wanted a cheap lite tablet for traveling because she didn't want to risk her SP2/SP3 getting damaged has she is working on her PHD in Psychology and all of the work happens on the SP3...

kundas1

We do, but we usually aren't as religious about them as men. A few of us are very geeky about them, but being devoid of a penis we won't get into pissing contests. We know that we won't win.

yea that's cuzz you have to sit down to pee, so of course no one can win... DUH! lol :p

kristalsoldier

My wife has used the SP2 and now the SP3 as her default machine for the last year, she also has a Dell Venue 8. She loves computers but you'll never find her on a forum discussing them...

Now this is interesting. Is there any particular reason why not? Edit: But would she go onto forums - without signing up/ just as a visitor - to get answers to questions that she may have.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Now this is interesting. Is there any particular reason why not? Edit: But would she go onto forums - without signing up/ just as a visitor - to get answers to questions that she may have.
For her, computers are tools and she is much more interested in People Issues. Not to sound arrogant but if she has computer issues she asks me and I fix them....

kristalsoldier

For her, computers are tools and she is much more interested in People Issues. Not to sound arrogant but if she has computer issues she asks me and I fix them....

Thanks. I can relate to that. And, her turning to you to fix computer issues is kind of obvious and for obvious reasons! :))

mcsenerd

I think on a grander scale, most "techies" seem to completely lose track of what a small subset of the total human population they are. Most people haven't been on a BBS, Tech Forum, or IRC channel a day in their life and won't be doing so anytime soon either. Most folks utilize computing devices in the same way they do a refrigerator, microwave, TV, etc. To them, they're appliances, and they use them as such. Of course, this is why there will always be a steady population of vulnerable targets for those techies with an evil bent. It's also a good reason why us "techies" will likely forever have employment in some fashion.

I try to sell my wife on the virtues of the SP line all the time, but she falls firmly into the camp I've described above and just can't be bothered. She's content with her MacBook Air and ultimately, as long as she's happy...I could give a rat's arse about much else.

annabanana

I noticed there aren't many ladies on this forum, but that's true of most tech forums. I love both my PR3's and I don't like Apple products or iOS. I like this forum because I've learned a lot here and it's more tech than social. I don't know anyone else in real life with a Surface except the guy in Best Buy. Most people I know IRL are Apple snobs. I like tech forums.

revmike

A few months ago my wife discovered how easy it was to sit on the couch and check her email and surf the internet on my sp2, so much so that I'm considering buying a sp3. Sometimes I don't like to share.