What's new

Lets hear from the girls.

Liam2349

On the topics of fashion and technology, I'm male and love computers - good ones. If it's slow, I'll despise it. I'm very particular with features. I'm fairly tech savvy with Windows but have no clue how to mess with my unlocked Note 3.

I also do value the clothing I wear. I don't follow 'fashion' you might see with the common celebrities but rather make my own. I don't have any issues paying £110 for a Hugo Boss jumper or £100 for a pair of leather and suede shoes.

xene97

I guess I don't mind spending money on things that strike my fancy since I tend to keep them until they die (still have and wear my first pair of Jimmy Choos that are 12 years old and still have my first Thinkpad - a 570 that's from around the same time frame).

The only reason I purchased the SP3 (hard for me to type that in reference to hardware since that will forever mean Windows XP Service Pack 3 to me) is because the screen was beginning to go out on my latest laptop (Thinkpad x200). I admit that I hate to spend money on things I need but love to spend on gadgets. So the SP3 was more palatable to purchase since it combines both a tablet and a laptop. Now I have to decide whether or not to sell my Dell Venue 8 Pro since I have a much more powerful tablet. Or I may keep it since it fits in my purse much more easily that the SP3 and I won't cry if I drop it or lose it.

SgtCarrot

I just upgraded from SP1 to SP3, and my wife did something she has never done before: Asked me for my old computer. I do web marketing and love gaming, so we always have spare computers around. But she wanted to consolidate down to one device: she had a desktop and an ipad from her office. She loved the ipad for social and 'fun' activities, but for work she always wanted to have a "real" computer, even though she could VPN into her office and have her desktop on demand. So I got her a dock, and all she has to do is plug in power and USB, and she has the best of both worlds.

Notes:
- Her biggest regret is the camera, the ipad one is great. She has, however said that she really should not be taking photos with a tablet, she has great optics on her phone.
- She would not go to a forum like this and post. She employs technology well, and if forced, can figure out what is wrong and perhaps fix it. But she much prefers to ask me to step in.
- So far she loves it, although she really thinks of it as two computers: The Metroc/Native computer, and her old desktop. I often find her saying she is disappointed there is not an app that she had on her desktop, forgetting that the MS Store is only one side of the equation.

snowcherries

Now I have to decide whether or not to sell my Dell Venue 8 Pro since I have a much more powerful tablet. Or I may keep it since it fits in my purse much more easily that the SP3 and I won't cry if I drop it or lose it.

i'll be keeping my Nexus 7 - for short day trips i take that with me instead and just pop it in the glove box in case i want it; and it is much easier to carry in the handbag as you say [i don't have one of those massive backbreaking handbags currently]. plus it is still easier to use the N7 in bed lying down if i just want to play a quick game before sleeping.

p.s i tend to keep a lot of my clothes/shoes forever as well although do occasionally sell the better ones on ebay if i no longer wear them and they are barely worn.