What's new

Light bubble when touching screen

lmcguire656

While reading in Freda epub app I just noticed this light bubble after I touch the screen to turn the page that I did not notice before. Sometimes it appears a couple of inches above where I touched the screen and not under my finger. I just tested the main screen and get the same bubble but in the upper right corner even when touching the screen elsewhere. Is this a precursor to the screen dying? I just received my SP4 two weeks ago.
34j4o6q.jpg
156emug.jpg

Any ideas what's going on this screen?

Plantje

The light bubble is what happens almost everywhere if you touch the screen in Windows 10. That is no issue. If it remains or appears somewhere where you are not touching the screen that is an issue.

I had a similar issue a few days ago while travelling by train. Turns out the power outlet of the train is to blame.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
This action is a feature of Windows and can be shut off... Please see pic.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    146.8 KB · Views: 1,408

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
But it should not happen on areas where the screen is not touched

Crap - I apologize - I should have read the post more thoroughly. No your correct - I wouldn't assume it should happen unless there is screen activity in the form of a touch or pen usage. I wouldn't think it would be a precursor to a screen failure, but it would annoy me to no end if it was popping up where it didn't belong. Might want to call Microsoft. I haven't heard of this before.

Unfortunately I did find this post - take a look - Surface Pro thinks 8 fingers are touching the bottom of the screen continuously, happens randomly...

Read on though - Page 2 there are some suggested possible resolutions. Hope this helps a little.

OP
L

lmcguire656

In the second pic I'm touching the screen where my finger is and you can see the light bubble (half a bubble) in the upper right of the screen. I'm also having a problem when opening programs where it opens but then goes back to the main screen and I have to open it again (it acts like it was never opened it won't show when you tile open apps). I think this is just going to turn out to be a defective unit.

Plantje

There is no dirt or anything that might resemble a touch on the screen? I am not an expert on how capacitive touch screens work so perhaps that is not a possible issue at all.

To be honest: yes I would contact Microsoft and see what they can tell you about this issue and what they can do for you. Be sure to have all updates installed and reproduce the issue before contacting them.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
While reading in Freda epub app I just noticed this light bubble after I touch the screen to turn the page that I did not notice before. Sometimes it appears a couple of inches above where I touched the screen and not under my finger. I just tested the main screen and get the same bubble but in the upper right corner even when touching the screen elsewhere. Is this a precursor to the screen dying? I just received my SP4 two weeks ago.
34j4o6q.jpg
156emug.jpg

Any ideas what's going on this screen?

Would you be so kind as to let me know what was / is the outcome of your screen issue when time / will permits? I am very curious as to what the problem is. Sorry you are having issues.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone with this issue tried turning off the "show touches" option in the settings? I would try it if I had the issue knowing it wouldn't of course fix the issue, but I think I would be able to breath a little better if I didn't have to see it. (Denial goes a long way with some);)

Plantje

Most likely that is not solving the issue. If some button would be "under" a ghost click the button would still be pushed.