What's new

Lock screen/ instant on lag

jphccfc

I've just purchased a new i5 128gb, I seem to have an issue with lock screen lag. I have the keyboard on and when I use it as a traditional tablet in portrait mode, the lock screen sometimes displays and doesn't get the clock on for me to swipe up. I have to change orientation and touch the power button off and on to get the lock screen back up to be able to be unlocked.
I'm also getting a 5 second lag from pressing the off button and the screen turning off. Is this normal?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It all depends on what you have installed and running, when you push the Power Button to put the machine into Connected Standby it needs to fully suspend all Win32 Programs....

OP
J

jphccfc

Thanks for the reply. Ive generally only got chrome, and about 3 or 4 apps running. Like tapatalk reddit and the mail app. Would this be enough to slow it down on lock screen?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Chrome is.... the other Apps are Modern UI Apps so they are designed for Connected Standby....

Z2TT

I have the same or Similar issue with my i5 128 Surface pro 3.

It only happens sometimes, I have the keyboard on mine, so when I fold it open, it will not respond to my swipe for about 7 seconds, this only happens sometimes.

Other times after folding it open, I have to press the power button to get it to work, I was thinking it should simply wake up when opened up.

But the main issue I'm having is the lag on the home screen after being suspended/ in sleep