What's new

nightowl

I bought a refurbished Surface RT last week. One problem I am having is I like to look at our local paper online sometimes. I have an account and there is a electronic edition which is the exact look of the printed paper and you flip thru pages. I login, see the front page, then flip to another page and it goes back to the login screen, it has only worked once for me where I stayed logged in. After I am logged in and click on my account, it says I must be logged in to view. Any ideas what is wrong? It works fine on my laptop, just not on the surface.
Thanks for any help.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Are you accessing it from an app or a browser. I have access to a newspaper reader but it was only designed for a PC the way I'm using it, and it isn't all that great even on the PC.

You may want to contact customer (no) service at the paper and check for their recommendations.

OP
N

nightowl

Welcome to the forum

Are you accessing it from an app or a browser. I have access to a newspaper reader but it was only designed for a PC the way I'm using it, and it isn't all that great even on the PC.

I'm accessing it from the browser. I have a app for it on my ipad which works good, but no app for surface. It doesnt work that good on the browser on my laptop, but i can read it. I like to read it online when I am away from home and do not get the print copy.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Try adding the Site to the Compatibility List, it is under the Tools...Compatibility View Settings on the Desktop Version of IE. Also make sure apply all updates and upgrade it through the Windows Store to RT/8.1...

OP
N

nightowl

tried it. still doesn't work. it has to be something with IE. it works on my laptop. maybe I'll check with ms tech support.