Looking for a piece of software

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by oorbs753, Nov 5, 2014.

1. oorbs753

oorbs753 New Member

Hi Guys,

I do IT at a small company. My just got a SP3 and is loving it thus far.

I am looking for a piece of software that would fulfill his needs but i cant seem to find anything that does what i need it to do. Allow me to explain what i would like to do.

We do renovations on hotels.

Ideally my boss would like to take his SP3 to a hotel and take pictures of rooms with it.

The problem is, he wants to take a picture, Immediately mark it up with the stylus - adding dimmensions - notes, etc. to the picture. save the picture - take another - mark it up save.

we would like the picture to be saved to the disk, WITH the markups - we do not want to mark up a picture in an app - only to have to go back to the specific app to get the pictures with the markings.

Also, we do not want to use the normal camera take a bunch of pictures, go back, mark them up - this would break work flow -

he wants to take a picture mark it, and then be able to browse to a folder with the saved picture + markings.

so far all i can find are apps that will
    a) let me import already taken pictures, write on them then save the picture + markings separately from the original pictures. - this is not what we want - we want to take a pic - mark up on the spot- move on

2. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Hi oorbs, welcome to the forum!

On my smartphones, I have used this app for years to do exactly what you describe- http://www.sis.si/my-measures. It is awesome. I've always wished they would release a Windows version.

Hopefully some other members will have some good ideas on how to do what you're asking.

3. Wayne Orwig

Wayne Orwig Active Member

This isn't windows, but it sounds like what you want.
    Samsung Android Note 4. Using the built in apps.
    I just stepped into the parking lot just now and took this photo. Then I put some scratching on it with my stylus.
    The stylus is compatible with my Surface. The completed file is a simple JPG.
    The Note 4 and the stylus also do a good job with OneNote.
    Hard to beat.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  4. Ossian

Ossian New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
  5. enthuz

enthuz Member

I use Measure Note on my WP. It works great.

@oorbs753 , try Photo Measure in the Windows store.